KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Departed (2006)

The Departed (2006)
Started by: sithsaber408

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Warning The Departed (2006)

Story of Irish mob boss (Jack Nicholson) who has a young new thug, secretly a cop (Leonardo DiCaprio) in his organization, and at the same time has an operative of his (Matt Damon) working as a mole in the police force.

Also stars: Mark Whalberg, Martin Sheen, and Alec Baldwin.

Directed by: Martin Scorsesee, bitches!!!

Let the OWNAGE begin.....

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayl...640&qth=400

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 09:15 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Thanks for the trailer. I've been excited for this for a while.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 12:38 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chris_64256
?

Thats quite a expensive cast cool sounds great

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 02:48 AM
chris_64256 is currently offline Click here to Send chris_64256 a Private Message Find more posts by chris_64256 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

An Irish mob boss played by Jack Nicholson? Are you kidding me?

I'll be there opening day. cool

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:22 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Hopefully it'll be at least half as good as Infernal Affairs.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 07:42 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I am interested to see how the 'remake' goes. Infernal Affairs was fabulous.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 10:02 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

The Departed is a remake? Figures......

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 08:56 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

The Departed..

I don't know if this has been made.. because I am to lazy to look.. search showed nothing so here it is..

The Departed a Martin Scorsese picture starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson and Mark Wahlberg.. among other great actors like Martin Sheen and Ray Winstone..

here is a plot by some guy on IMDb..

The Departed is set in South Boston, where the state police force is waging war on Irish-American organized crime. Young undercover cop Billy Costigan (DiCaprio) is assigned to infiltrate the mob syndicate run by gangland chief Frank Costello (Nicholson). While Billy quickly gains Costello's confidence, Colin Sullivan (Damon), a hardened young criminal who has infiltrated the police department as an informer for the syndicate, is rising to a position of power in the Special Investigation Unit. Each man becomes deeply consumed by his double life, gathering information about the plans and counter-plans of the operations he has penetrated. But when it becomes clear to both the mob and the police that there's a mole in their midst, Billy and Colin are suddenly in danger of being caught and exposed to the enemy-and each must race to uncover the identity of the other man in time to save himself. But is either willing to turn on the friends and comrades they've made during their long stints undercover?

It is a remake of Hong Kong movie Infernal Affairs.. Great actors and director working on it..

Heres the trailer

I think it looks really good and will be seeing it.. your opinions..

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 02:14 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Good Cast,Good director,Good Original................got to work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 02:20 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Here it is, can't say that I blame you for not finding it, it was on page 6! stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t414654.html

(requesting a merge)

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 03:00 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Here it is, can't say that I blame you for not finding it, it was on page 6! stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t414654.html

(requesting a merge)

there ya go.. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 03:06 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I got to say, it doesn't look very good. I can almost guarantee it won't come close to "Infernal Affairs".

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 06:41 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

This is one of those films that kinda sneaks up on ya. Not much publicity at all about it and it opens next week.

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 07:05 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Well I think it looks really good from the trailer. And it has a great cast aswell, and director. I was very disappointed when I found out it was an 18 though 'cause I might not be able to see it in the cinema, but I have got in for 18s before.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 03:04 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Looks pretty good. Im a big Martin Scorsese fan and i love his work, plus the story is very interesting and the cast is awsome. I think that this movie could be one of the best of the year.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 04:23 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Solo
I got to say, it doesn't look very good. I can almost guarantee it won't come close to "Infernal Affairs".

Remakes rarely do come close to the originals though do they..

Originally posted by RZA
This is one of those films that kinda sneaks up on ya. Not much publicity at all about it and it opens next week.

Totally. I only heard about it last week..

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 04:32 PM
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Originally posted by T.M
Totally. I only heard about it last week..

Well I've seen adverts/clips/trailers/posters/whatever over the past month or so I'd say, although I had heard of the film before this when I was browsing what films Mr. DiCaprio had coming up. Maybe it's had more publicity in the UK.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:32 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
Well I've seen adverts/clips/trailers/posters/whatever over the past month or so I'd say, although I had heard of the film before this when I was browsing what films Mr. DiCaprio had coming up. Maybe it's had more publicity in the UK.

I'm Welsh..

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 08:26 PM
Quincy
Debaser

So who do you all like best that will be in this movie?

Personally I like Damon.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 03:47 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

I think that the three main actors looks pretty good and with good acting in the trailer, Di Caprio , Damon and Nicholson. Mark Whalberg reviews have been very positive too.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 04:03 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote