KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hollywoodland

Hollywoodland
Started by: AstroFan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Hollywoodland

http://imdb.com/title/tt0427969/

I know people will write this off because it has Ben Affleck, but as a Superman fan, the story really interests me.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 06:46 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Yeah, I've been looking forward to this for a while... even though Affleck is probably the single worst actor in history.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 08:10 AM
DeVi| D0do is currently offline Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Just remember, he dies. wink

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 04:51 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

i think this looks good... not a big Affleck fan (except for Good Will Hunting) but... this movie looks good smile

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 04:56 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

The movie looks pretty good. Lets wait.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 07:47 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

My friend gave me the link to the trailer and I thought "Oh no not Ben Affleck" but he doesn't seem too bad in it and the film did appeal to me. And I love Adrien Brody.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 08:52 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fantasygirl

I saw this preview in the theatre. erm It looks pretty interesting. I think I might go see it.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 07:31 PM
fantasygirl is currently offline Click here to Send fantasygirl a Private Message Find more posts by fantasygirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
My friend gave me the link to the trailer and I thought "Oh no not Ben Affleck" but he doesn't seem too bad in it and the film did appeal to me. And I love Adrien Brody.

Second the Brody part.
I can't wait to see this, and I'll admit it, I'm an Affleck fan *hides self from projectiles*

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 03:07 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fantasygirl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by silver_tears
Second the Brody part.
I can't wait to see this, and I'll admit it, I'm an Affleck fan *hides self from projectiles*
No need to be ashamed..

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 04:15 AM
fantasygirl is currently offline Click here to Send fantasygirl a Private Message Find more posts by fantasygirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I fail to see why so many people dont like ben affleck.I myself cant wait to see this film.Looks like a great movie.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 06:50 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Generally, i dont like too much Ben Afleck as an actor, but he seems to be very good in this movie. he won the copa volti to best actor in Venice Film festival.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 06:53 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

oh I'm def. seeing this.
Ben isn't a bad actor, he just has had nothing good to work with since like good will hunting, I think its his moment to shine, I believe he will do great in this film smilesmile

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 07:00 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

I dont think that Afleck is a bad actor at all. Gennerally, i dont like the movies that he does and the material that he chooses, but i think he has talent and he could do better jobs that he usually does.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 07:08 PM
Quincy
Debaser

I thought this movie was really great. I wasn't really in the mood for an "intense in your face movie" so this movie was definitely the right choice. Honestly it is really hard to say which actor of Brody and Affleck was better in this flick, despite whatever reasons people dislike Ben. However they were both great, and the movie was well paced in the sense of current time with Brody, to flashbacks of Bens life. Diane Lane also gives an excellent performance.

If you want a good detective movie with solid music and a laid back atmosphere, or better yet a flat out good movie, check this one out.

Although the ending might not make many people happy.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 07:16 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Good review, quincy. And yeah, i think that actually , Adrien Brody is one of the best young actors nowadays, and dianne Lanne and Bob Hoskins are great almost always. Very promising movie.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 07:22 PM
Solo

You guys do know Affleck won Best Actor at Venice for this?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 10:12 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I havent seen very many of his films but I didnt see anything wrong with him in a couple movies I remember him being in,Daredevil and Pearl Harbour.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 10:20 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I mean he was good in those two.Its not like he is Pierce Brosnan who does a horrible job of delivering his lines.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 10:53 PM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Affleck is not a bad actor. He was good in Good Will Hunting, Armageddon, Sum of All Fears, Dogma, Jersey Girl and Chasing Amy.

I think people don't like him for the whole Ben/J-Lo and Gigli thing, but he is not bad. He may have made some bad movie decisions (Paycheck, Gigli, Reindeer Games) but he's been a good actor.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 12:27 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Ooooh, this movie looks interesting. I'll be seeing this when it comes out. It's good to see that there are people out there that don't hate Affleck. I haven't seen him in much but what I have seen him in he's fine. I really fail to see what's so bad about him.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 08:46 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote