KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Did Speilberg making A.I. piss you off?

Did Speilberg making A.I. piss you off?
Started by: alan_smithee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alan_smithee
Wes Anderson- Kubrick Jr

Did Speilberg making A.I. piss you off?

Kubrick worked so long on that film, what was it 11 or 12 years. It could have been the best film of all time, but he felt he didn't have the effects for it.

Then Steven came along and made a nice little family film with Haley Joel.
I would've given anything to see Kubrick's dark version of what he called his definitive masterpeice. The movie he wanted to make would've been brilliant......doesn't it piss anyone else off this happened?

I will never see another Speilberg movie. I hate this man, he ruined A.I.

By the way, I'm new.

Opinion on this A.I. situation?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 06:49 PM
alan_smithee is currently offline Click here to Send alan_smithee a Private Message Find more posts by alan_smithee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

i like A.I. true, its not anywhere as good as it woulda been if kubrick woulda directed it, but it was still a good dark film, especially for spielberg. i doubt it woulda been the best movie of all time, its going to be hard to top cuckoos nest for that crown, but it woulda been brilliant.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 08:17 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alan_smithee
Wes Anderson- Kubrick Jr

I truely hate Steven Speilburg for the following reasons:

1- A.I.
2- Jurrassic Park 2
3- Saving Privet Ryan was contrived crap and took away from 'The Tthin Red Line' which was 10 times more accurate and just plain better
4- Editing peices of Eyes Wide Shut
5- Hook

Speilberg has single handedly destroyed all that is cinema. **** him, can I say that word or no?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 09:34 PM
alan_smithee is currently offline Click here to Send alan_smithee a Private Message Find more posts by alan_smithee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

say what you want, but spielberg is one of the greatest

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 09:36 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i dont like saving private ryan either, but thin red line is far worse.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 11:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nonsense! Thin Red Line is brilliant.

AI was... um... hmmm... yeah.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 11:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

thin red line was so boring, i couldnt even finish watching it. if you want a brilliant war movie go rent full metal jacket, platoon, paths of glory, or the deer hunter.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 11:14 PM
Tex
Yumsz

If you want to blame anyone for AI alan, blame Kubrick.
Afterall, he's the one who handed the project over to Speilberg.

AI was marvelous...........

Old Post Aug 10th, 2002 12:13 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alan_smithee
Wes Anderson- Kubrick Jr

All I have to say about that is Jurrassic Park 2. I win.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2002 12:41 AM
BackFire

what about jurassic park 2? all he wanted to do was do some neat action scenes, and he did.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2002 12:53 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

A.I. Artificial Intelegence was very, very good.

If Kubrick had made it, it would have been extremely bizzare.

Speilberg did a fantastic job, and Hale Joel was excelent.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Aug 10th, 2002 06:24 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

extremely bizzare and extremely good. it was like spielberg couldnt decide if he wanted to make the movie dark and eerie, or his normal light and happy type movie.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2002 06:45 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

AI could have been so much better. As I stated in the original review section, I couldn't wait for the bloody film to end it went on so freakin long.

I knew the idea of the film was to feel a connection with the little boy because he just wanted to be loved, but in my eyes he was nothing but a piece of machinery, period. The best bit of the whole film is the damn teddy bear.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2002 08:36 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I thought it was flawed, for sure.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 10th, 2002 10:37 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Teddy flawed?
How dare you!

I really liked how they flooded New York
with the WTC sticking out of the ice

Old Post Aug 10th, 2002 04:17 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alan_smithee
Wes Anderson- Kubrick Jr

Jurrassic Park 2 was the worst film ever made don't b.s. about that.

The A.I. Kubrick wanted is far differant from the one you saw. Don't doubt that.

And I realize Kubrick gave Speilberg permission to make it, but I can't imagine why he would. A.I. was as Kubrick had said, supposed to be his masterpeice, but he didn't have the effects, so he put off the 11 years he'd already put into it to make 'Eyes Wide Shut.' Steven had no right to make the film, and I doubt Kubrick wanted him to make it a family friendly role either. That's my two cents, love them.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2002 05:48 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

well spielberg hadn't very much to do with JP2 had he

Old Post Aug 10th, 2002 08:38 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

do you like any spielberg movies? or have you only seen a few and are judging them all off of those few. plus why are you bitching about A.I. kubrick died, even if he wanted to he wouldnt have been able to make the movie. so it was either this version (which was good no matter what incoherent facts you have to say) or no version at all.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2002 12:25 AM
alan_smithee
Wes Anderson- Kubrick Jr

I've seen most of Steven's work, and it's all crap excluding 'Amistad', which I believe he made from his heart. Other than that, it's all crap, he ruined cinema.

Kubrick is dead? Don't ever disrespect that man. He lives on forever.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2002 07:57 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Now, I think it is rather OTT to say that Spielberg ruined cinema!

BtVS

Old Post Aug 11th, 2002 10:30 AM