KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » A movie stock market?

A movie stock market?
Started by: Jaynie C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaynie C

A movie stock market?

Hi ya'll

I was speaking with a guy last night who say's there's gonna be a movie stock exchange launching soon and it's gonna be big, big news. A movie stock market where we can buy & sell shares in movies? How cool is that!

Anyone know anything about this?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:38 PM
Jaynie C is currently offline Click here to Send Jaynie C a Private Message Find more posts by Jaynie C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

um studios own the rights to movies so you could buy shares of those companies which are public. THere are movie stock market type games. As far as a real one? well the movies are already owned so not so much.

http://www.hsx.com/

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:45 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaynie C

A real exchange..

Hi,

This guy Ed told me that this is happening soon. A genuine electronic market where film makers list their film projects - before they're made - and sell the shares to investors so they then have the money to make it. Then the shares are traded on the market, based around what people want to do. If anyone knows any more, i'd love to hear about it!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 09:01 PM
Jaynie C is currently offline Click here to Send Jaynie C a Private Message Find more posts by Jaynie C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

ah ok.. a way for independent film makers to raise capitol

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 04:43 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaynie C

I think this is something to do with it..

Theres a Myspace account called glomex - so myspace dot com slash glomex i assume

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 12:01 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Hmm, I should propose my idea about a one legged purple parrot that just eats grapes for two straight hours! Any takers?? eek!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:54 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaynie C

Laugh Ok...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Hmm, I should propose my idea about a one legged purple parrot that just eats grapes for two straight hours! Any takers?? eek!

Well I guess if you're that tired, you should have a lie down laughing

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:14 PM
Jaynie C

The movie stock market site is live..

Hi, I just got an email that says the movie stock market community site is now live..at glomex dot com

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 12:02 PM
forumcrew

yea it basically looks like, as i said, a way for independent film makers to raise capitol. Your not gonna be buying shares of POTC 3 or the next tom cruise blockbuster on here.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 08:18 PM
TigerDawn

Now that would be the coolest idea ever. I really hope it works, and does not come into yet another fraud center of hope.

TigerDawn

TigerDawn.com, Magic the Gathering Online Sales and Service

DVDCosmos.com, Your Movie Search Engine including Click and Watch

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 09:45 PM
TigerDawn is currently offline Find more posts by TigerDawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaynie C

I emailed Glomex about membership last week and it seems that they are close to making some big announcements. It seems that there have been several deals being developed behind the scenes over the last few months. If things go ahead the way they are saying then its going to be sooo cool smile

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 09:33 AM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

That would be interesting idea.I would not mind making money while picking the best movies that would make the more money!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 01:05 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaynie C

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
That would be interesting idea.I would not mind making money while picking the best movies that would make the more money!jm

I know what you mean. I got some more information today about how it works. Apparently, the film would be made into a company and then the shares put up for sale. When all the shares are sold, all of the money is used by the producers to make then film. A share holder can then either sell the shares to try to make money, or keep them until the film goes to the box office to try and make money from the dividends.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 02:43 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=

I like grapes and parrots

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 08:32 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaynie C

so do I wink

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 11:45 PM
exanda kane

Sounds good for the indie wannabees. Hope it's true.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 03:19 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Jaynie C
so do I wink

eek! NO WAY! we should be friends

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 03:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Hawk

If this is true... A lot of people here are going to lose all their money... fast.

lol

Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 10:52 PM
The Hawk is currently offline Click here to Send The Hawk a Private Message Find more posts by The Hawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaynie C

What do you mean?

Do you mean that people would get into it and spend all their hard earned cash on movie stock speculation?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 09:01 AM
Jaynie C

I got a head's up from a guy I know who's working on a project they hope to bring to market soon. Apparently there are around 10 films and documentaries that are going to promote themselves on the site soon, with a stream of others on the way.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 06:38 PM