KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bets Movie Twists

Bets Movie Twists
Started by: Kaled

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Bets Movie Twists

i check breifly and i couldn't find his thread,
What was your favourite twists from films and why if you please.

Personnaly i love the twists from all these movies:

American Pyscho

The Others

The Sixth Sense

Saw

Harry Potter:The Prisoner of Azkaban

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 09:59 PM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

fight club
the life of david gale
narc
la confidential

and of course...the king of all twists

the usual suspects

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 10:11 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Oldboy.

Se7en.

That is all, all the others are lame and trying way too hard.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 10:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Oldboy.

Se7en.

se7en was good yeah, not seen OldBoy, whats it about roughly?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 10:22 PM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by BackFire
Oldboy.

Se7en.

Precisely. On top of that I'd throw in a recent favorite, A Scanner Darkly.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 10:31 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kaled
se7en was good yeah, not seen OldBoy, whats it about roughly?

old boy is about a guy who is locked in a room for years without a reason...when he is released you think the plot is about him finding out and getting revenge on the people who locked him up...

you then find out that the guy who locked him up felt up his sister when they were kids and the guy who was locked up seen it and tod everyone...causing the sister to commit suicide...so you think that him being locked up was the guy getting revenge on him

but thats not the twist either....

that comes from a nice concocction of hypnosis and making the guy who was locked up **** his own daughter....

or something like that

se7en was to obvious for me

i think people react badly to the ones i mentioned now because everyone speaks about them...but the first time you watch them are great

the machinist had a nice way of delivering the twist...you think its easy (the multiple personallity aspect) because you figure that out early...but thats not the actual twist at all...and when the twist comes you realise that the initial easiness at guessing the split personalities aspect was made deliberately easy

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Last edited by jaden101 on Oct 26th, 2006 at 10:37 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 10:34 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Originally posted by jaden101
old boy is about a guy who is locked in a room for years without a reason...when he is released you think the plot is about him finding out and getting revenge on the people who locked him up...

you then find out that the guy who locked him up felt up his sister when they were kids and the guy who was locked up seen it and tod everyone...causing the sister to commit suicide...so you think that him being locked up was the guy getting revenge on him

but thats not the twist either....

that comes from a nice concocction of hypnosis and making the guy who was locked up **** his own daughter....

or something like that

se7en was to obvious for me

i think people react badly to the ones i mentioned now because everyone speaks about them...but the first time you watch them are great

the machinist had a nice way of delivering the twist...you think its easy (the multiple personallity aspect) because you figure that out early...but thats not the actual twist at all...and when the twist comes you realise that the initial easiness at guessing the split personalities aspect was made deliberately easy

ahh thanks very much smile

i saw a film, but i don't know what it was called, if you read this and know what i'm on about please tell me the name of the film
there was a guy who had come back from the vietnam war and he kept having hallucinations. He finds out that theres other people like him, who came home and are having these hallucinations. He then seems to find out its a conspiricy, testing new drugs and such. And the closer he comes to find out the truth the stranger it becomes until he finds out the truth [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that was he died in the war and it was part of the afterlife

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 10:47 PM
Solo

Originally posted by Kaled
i saw a film, but i don't know what it was called, if you read this and know what i'm on about please tell me the name of the film
there was a guy who had come back from the vietnam war and he kept having hallucinations. He finds out that theres other people like him, who came home and are having these hallucinations. He then seems to find out its a conspiricy, testing new drugs and such. And the closer he comes to find out the truth the stranger it becomes until he finds out the truth [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that was he died in the war and it was part of the afterlife

That'd be "The Jacket".

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 11:37 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

JADEN - Your post on Oldboy seriously needed spoiler tags. I'm pissed off right now for anybody who hasn't seen the film.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 11:43 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Originally posted by Solo
That'd be "The Jacket".

Great, thanks so much smile

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 11:43 PM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Lucky Number Slevin had a good twist in my opinion

and K-Pax if that twist can be counted as one

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 12:10 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Usual Suspects
Se7en
The Life of David Gale
The Sixth Sense

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 12:38 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

A recent one: The Prestige. I really liked the twists in that one.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 01:24 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

Usual Suspects
Phonebooth
Suicide Kings
Fight Club
Freddy vs. Jason
AVP

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 01:32 AM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Freddy vs. Jason & AVP

Those weren't twists. Those were painfully obvious endings.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 01:33 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
A recent one: The Prestige. I really liked the twists in that one.

Is it worth a watch? I'm kinda intrigued.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 01:34 AM
Solo

Originally posted by Impediment
Is it worth a watch? I'm kinda intrigued.

Definitely, it's loads of fun. See The Departed first, though, if you haven't already.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 02:28 AM
forumcrew

Originally posted by Solo
Definitely, it's loads of fun. See The Departed first, though, if you haven't already.

yes

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 03:20 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yea, I wanna see Prestige and Departed...
I never got the twist in American Psycho...
Oh well.
My favorites are Usual Suspects, Fight Club, and From Hell.
That was pretty nuts at that end of From hell..

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 04:54 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Originally posted by Myth
JADEN - Your post on Oldboy seriously needed spoiler tags. I'm pissed off right now for anybody who hasn't seen the film.

I second that! That was a really unthoughtful post. Please try to conceal outcomes when describing movies, or don't bother at all.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 05:16 AM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote