KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » What makes a good movie?

What makes a good movie?
Started by: SoCalLove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SoCalLove

What makes a good movie?

There are always threads about whats the best movie of this genre and this one. Well, what, to you, makes a good movie? Is it good acting? A good cast? A good sountrack? What?

Thanks! eek!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:28 PM
SoCalLove is currently offline Click here to Send SoCalLove a Private Message Find more posts by SoCalLove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Re: What makes a good movie?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SoCalLove
There are always threads about whats the best movie of this genre and this one. Well, what, to you, makes a good movie? Is it good acting? A good cast? A good sountrack? What?

Thanks! eek!

take a film class at the nearest college they will tell you all about it.

There are six main aspect that make a good film.....but I can't remember them 3 years since the class. I think its along the lines of Charactors, Score, Camera, Plot, flow, lighting or something like that.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:41 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: Re: What makes a good movie?

Originally posted by dirkdirden
Charactors

Take an english class at the nearest college, they'll teach you how to spell.

If the writing is great, the film will be great, in most circumstances.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 11:19 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Re: Re: Re: What makes a good movie?

Originally posted by Solo

This seems like a fair statement.

Also, I think different genres have different requirements for what will make it a good film. Comedy, for example, doesn't need to have a good plot/story at all.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 11:25 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew McLeod

Re: Re: Re: What makes a good movie?

Originally posted by Solo

In most cases...but I'm sure there are some movies that had splendid screenplays but they still suck. I'll have to think of an example but I'm sure there are a few...and vice versa. Some amazing movies could've come from shitty screenplays.

I think it's a certain balance of many of the elements that go into a film. I don't think there's any formula.

Love is an accident waiting to happen. Desire is a stranger you think you know. Intimacy is a lie we tell ourselves. Truth is a game you play to win. If you believe in love at first sight you never stop looking.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 01:29 AM
Andrew McLeod is currently offline Click here to Send Andrew McLeod a Private Message Find more posts by Andrew McLeod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have the formula. A good movie would be living our time. This means to share our views/beliefs/humor of today.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 02:37 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

Some movies however are so bad their good .

this may have something to do with the viewers drug intake though

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 03:58 AM
Ogami Itto is currently offline Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by redcaped
A good movie would be living our time. This means to share our views/beliefs/humor of today.

No.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 08:07 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

a good storyline more than anything makes a great movie.I dont care if the greatest actor in the world is the star of the film,if it has a bad storyline with a bad script,its not going to be a good movie.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 08:24 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Yes, storyline is the most important part in a movie. A bad director couldnt destroy a good script, but a bad script couldnt be saved by a good director.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2006 08:06 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote