KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The most affecting scene of a dying characters last moment/words.

The most affecting scene of a dying characters last moment/words.
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

The most affecting scene of a dying characters last moment/words.

I say it that soldier in Saving Private Ryan that was shot on the steep hill while bleeding uncontrollably screaming for his mother as the other soldiers held tightly onto him and his wound and just just waited for him to just die.

The other soldiers just knelt and stood around by him while the doomed soldier was motionlessly hyperventilated staring at the sky for about 10 secs then he started to breath slowly and just stop. The scene was quiet and just focused on that part for a while. It was definitely the most dramatic scene of a character dying. It captured the essence of actual death in combat.

Good job, Spielberg.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 10:48 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

I like in American History X when he makes the guy bite the curb and you can hear his teeth on the curb then he stomps on his head, and when the other dude gets shot in the urinal.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 11:04 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

When Cruise's father dies in Magnolia.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 11:10 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systemshock2

The Qui-gon death scene still gets me. It's very simple and yet still very impactful at the same time.

Also it's a very brief intercut in the Hulk movie, but after the Gamma bomb explodes on the Hulk and the Absorbing Man and the movie shows Bruce Banner floating in the lake, that quick flashback of the father and son saying goodnight really got to me too.

Best rivalry ever!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 03:06 AM
systemshock2 is currently offline Click here to Send systemshock2 a Private Message Find more posts by systemshock2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

I know I'm probably going to get railed for this, but Borimer's ( Spelling? ) death in The Fellowship of the Ring. That REALLY fckin' got to me. And I kinda' shed a tear over the T-800s 'death' in T2.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 08:03 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S-Ranger

Barnes death scene in platoon.

Erm Alexander when you think he think's he's dying in battle.

and Sam Bycke in The Assination of Richard Nixon after his death it's all over the new's and it shows how no one cares and how alone we all are.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 11:21 AM
S-Ranger is currently offline Click here to Send S-Ranger a Private Message Find more posts by S-Ranger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Vader
Carlito
and
Richard Harris in THE WILD GEESE affected me an all
Hes being chased by a hundred crazy african soldiers as he tries to board a plane thats ready for take off and Richard Burton has to take him out as he realises he has no chance of catching up .
Classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 02:56 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

when Katsumoto is dying in The Last Samurai and he takes one last look at the cherry blossoms and just manages to say "Perfect..."

Sadly, i still get affected by Mufasa's death scene

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 03:51 PM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

In The Abyss, when Bud and Lindsey are trapped in the Rover that is slowly filling up with water and they have to decide who is going to wear the scuba gear, and who is going to die. When Lindsey is drowning underwater in Bud's arms, and he can't do anything but watch his love die in front of him............ I get misty eyed just typing about it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 06:18 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Bruce Willis's death scene in Armageddon was full of awe.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 07:50 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 08:02 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

laughing out loud

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 08:09 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Theoden in Lord of the Rings

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 08:37 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Oh, gosh! That is so true. Like when Trinity dies in Matrix Revolution. Or when Jack dies in Titanic....those films really got me.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 08:50 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

Originally posted by Kayne Archeron

Dude. You aren't the only one.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 06:55 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

Not really. It was one of those predictable kind of deaths.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 06:56 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
Anyone who isn't affected by that has no heart

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 07:16 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

Originally posted by Strangelove
Anyone who isn't affected by that has no heart

Haha it's true.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 08:02 AM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Rutger Hauer's replicant's (Roy Batty) last words in Blade Runner are absolutely stunning. It's after a pursuit between him and Deckard that ends up on the roof of an old apartment building with the city's skyline in the background as the rain pours down. I honestly don't think there's a better 'last moment' example than this one:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."

Great last moment from an amazing scene from a brilliant movie.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:16 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by office jesus
Dude. You aren't the only one.

sad How are you not saddened by Mufasa's death? I nearly cry every time I see that part of the movie! Then I laugh when Rafiki comes along. laughing out loud

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:21 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote