KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » TMNT review thread

TMNT review thread
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

TMNT review thread

Well, diddnt see a thread on the first two pages so thought i would start one for anyone whom has seen the movie

Dont know how many people of the original turtle generation will go see this movie,but that is the breed i am from. the original henson production.

Movie wasnt comepletly terrible. not sure if nostalga got the better of me, but some part of me enjoyed seeing the turtles again. not very much to review actually. You know what your getting into if you go to see this movie. It felt basically like a saturday cartoon with polished effects, and sparse momments that showed a more mature potential. thought the voice acting was to adolescant, but then again it was a pg rated turtles movie.

5/10 just because i grew up a turtle fan and still hold some love for the lean green fighting machines. And the cgi was pretty, even if most of the character designs were childish

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:51 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

I thought the movie was ****ing awesome. Great theater experience, as well as good storyline, and animation. Action was tons of fun, as well.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 02:43 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

They should have kept the original costumes.

Bad Animation IMO.

2 Stars out of 5.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 03:09 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Bad Animation IMO.

2 Stars out of 5.

What costumes are you refereing to?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 08:32 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Bad Animation IMO.

2 Stars out of 5.

I don't think so. We should just leave the damage we've done. The first movie was amazing. The second was good, and the third was sub-par crappy. And I'm not even going to get into the god-awful "Next Mutation" TV series.

Why beat a dead horse? Animation was the best way to go. Costumes just wouldn't be the same with different voice actors.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 11:05 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

All i've heard about it is that it's completely rubbish. Don't think I will be rushing to see it...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 11:30 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

animation is the way that more comic book movies should go. Maybe if X-men was animated, we wouldnt have had the travesty that was x-men3

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 01:18 AM
Dusty

Originally posted by MildPossession
All i've heard about it is that it's completely rubbish. Don't think I will be rushing to see it...

Don't trust what you've heard.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 01:35 AM
chithappens

4 out 5 stars.

Some of you are just bias. The animation was VERY good, the story was actually a nice fit for more mature audiences but children would also just like the monsters and fights. I can't mention much without giving away some nice surprises but it was worth the price of admission

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 04:19 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The animation was great, I wasn't a fan of the skinnier Turtle designs that I saw in the trailer, but it works for this style. Also for those naysayers talking shit about going the animation route...do you even remember how bad the fighting looked with the people in the Turtle costumes (specifically number 3) in the live action movies? We'd only get 1/3rd of the action we got in this movie had it been live action.

The voice acting was also great IMO, except I wish they would update Michaelangelo's catchphrases and his surfer dude accent. Bring him into the 2000's so to speak.

The story is where I think it suffered a little bit. I'm nostalgic for the Turtles I am used to. I needed Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Which is hinted at towards the end of the movie *crosses fingers*

Overall it was fun and enjoyable, but nothing epic or heart stoppingly awesome.

8/10

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 04:31 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Don't trust what you've heard.

I usually agree with the reviews from two I read, both said the same thing. Also, from the scenes and trailers I have seen, not my cup of tea.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 05:32 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomsday49
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dusty
I thought the movie was ****ing awesome. Great theater experience, as well as good storyline, and animation. Action was tons of fun, as well.

coming from the guy with the donatello avatar. Excuse me if i don't take your review seriously, homie.

my life rap isn't for the weak or feeble/ my youth was no sunshine the grind'll eat you/ they say learn from the past history can teach you/ but if i live backward all i see is evil.....Doomsday biatch!!!!!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:20 AM
doomsday49 is currently offline Click here to Send doomsday49 a Private Message Find more posts by doomsday49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomsday49
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey do they have this movie at the IMAX

my life rap isn't for the weak or feeble/ my youth was no sunshine the grind'll eat you/ they say learn from the past history can teach you/ but if i live backward all i see is evil.....Doomsday biatch!!!!!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:21 AM
doomsday49 is currently offline Click here to Send doomsday49 a Private Message Find more posts by doomsday49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by doomsday49
coming from the guy with the donatello avatar. Excuse me if i don't take your review seriously, homie.

I viewed the movie prior to adding the avatar.

Originally posted by Puzzle
The animation was great, I wasn't a fan of the skinnier Turtle designs that I saw in the trailer, but it works for this style. Also for those naysayers talking shit about going the animation route...do you even remember how bad the fighting looked with the people in the Turtle costumes (specifically number 3) in the live action movies? We'd only get 1/3rd of the action we got in this movie had it been live action.

The voice acting was also great IMO, except I wish they would update Michaelangelo's catchphrases and his surfer dude accent. Bring him into the 2000's so to speak.

The story is where I think it suffered a little bit. I'm nostalgic for the Turtles I am used to. I needed Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Which is hinted at towards the end of the movie *crosses fingers*

Overall it was fun and enjoyable, but nothing epic or heart stoppingly awesome.

8/10

'
I thought the fight on the rooftop [SPOILER - highlight to read]: between Raph and Leo was heart-stoppingly awesome.

Last edited by Dusty on Mar 26th, 2007 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 08:46 PM
moviefanatik

I was happy to see the turtles back in action, but who do you think is the foot clan's new leader?? Maybe Shredders daughter???

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 02:26 PM
moviefanatik is currently offline Click here to Send moviefanatik a Private Message Find more posts by moviefanatik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

shredder, ressurected

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 03:00 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Originally posted by MildPossession
I usually agree with the reviews from two I read, both said the same thing. Also, from the scenes and trailers I have seen, not my cup of tea.

Ditto. Much like every other instance of cashing in on my childhood with kids who couldn't care less. They were popular in the early 90's for a reason.

It was the early 90's. That's the reason. If nothing else, like the new "Star Wars" movies it'll serve its purpose, which is to sell toys.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Mar 27th, 2007 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 04:46 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by The Core
[B it'll serve its purpose, which is to sell toys. [/B]

dont forget about video games, comic books, tooth paste bath soap, band ades, clothes, soda pop, tennis shoes, trading cards, sympathy cards, christmas ornnaments, cell phone ringers, juice box ads, candy bar's, easter candy candy bars', perspectives, mentality, soul, dignity, self righteousness, heart, substance,ect

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 06:40 PM
doomsday49
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dusty
I viewed the movie prior to adding the avatar.

'
I thought the fight on the rooftop [SPOILER - highlight to read]: between Raph and Leo was heart-stoppingly awesome.

my bad! But this movie was pretty good! 7-10.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 02:41 AM
Wolverine2006
X-man

I heard Raph beat Leo....that shuld never happen...EVER!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 06:01 AM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote