KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Run, Fat Boy, Run - Trailer and Review

Run, Fat Boy, Run - Trailer and Review
Started by: arob

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
arob
Son of a Beekeeper

Run, Fat Boy, Run - Trailer and Review

Run, Fat Boy, Run is a low calorie British chick flick with some signature American characters and themes. The film is well directed by David Schwimmer from Friends, who proves more than capable of delivering a steady stream of laughs without imposing any signature style.

A nicely balanced three act story about a lovable idiot named Dennis, (Simon Pegg of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), who abandons his fiancé Libby, (Thandie Newton) at the altar, Run Fat Boy Run exposes the pain every man feels when they lose the respect of the woman they love. Simon Pegg shares a writing credit here, and has certainly brought some of his own humor to the project. His character, Dennis always hopes to win Libby back, but the quest becomes a high priority when Whit, a rich investment banker from Chicago (Hank Azaria) enters the picture, and plays father to his nine year old son.

Whit is an all-around swell guy; he’s rich, successful and athletic, and he makes a real big deal about the fact that he’s about to run the Nike River Run Marathon. When Libby says to Dennis, "you've never finished anything in your life", it stings. But is it enough to push a fat man to the very limits of his physical abilities? Will it make this oaf run 26 miles?

Consistently funny stuff with some truly memorable moments, this film contains an easily digested message about commitment-phobia.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 10:54 PM
arob is currently offline Click here to Send arob a Private Message Find more posts by arob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't find it that good at all, big disappointment.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 11:01 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I disagree.

EDIT:With the OP.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 11:01 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

I just saw this today too! Looks funny! I love David Schmimmer so I am excited to see how he does directing!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 09:50 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crystallake
Slasher

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
I didn't find it that good at all, big disappointment.

Really? Hmm... I'm kinda looking forward to this; I like Simon Pegg.

Schwimmer, I could care less about.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 07:19 PM
crystallake is currently offline Click here to Send crystallake a Private Message Find more posts by crystallake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 04:11 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Simon Pegg is a brilliant actor, his timing is just breathtaking (in the sence you cant breath with laughter). Im gonna go see this tomorrow.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:53 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

loved it

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 04:54 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

It's a great movie.

Don't go see it, and expect a Shaun of the Dead, or Hot Fuzz.

It's not THAT awesome, but it's great, nonetheless.

I think it's totally worth it, the acting was great, loved it.thumb up

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 12:54 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regina414

I love David Schwimmer. Glad to know he directed this one.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 02:06 AM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote