KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » No Country for Old Men

No Country for Old Men
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

No Country for Old Men

How did the Mexicans find the first hotel?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 04:32 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark Question
Lurker

Better question, why were 2 of them in the bathroom at the same time: coke, sex, water conservation?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 04:47 PM
Mark Question is currently offline Click here to Send Mark Question a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Question Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ToMacco

You don't think they had a tracker as well?

Originally posted by Mark Question
Better question, why were 2 of them in the bathroom at the same time: coke, sex, water conservation?

They were hiding from Anton.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 04:37 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love this, it happens all the time. See, people like you who ask these questions are idiots, one of the reasons that the book and film is good, is that it leaves unanswered questions in the readers and viewers mind. For some reason the questions that you don't know the answers to, are the most fundementally simple ones.

Stick to Michael Bay films.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 04:48 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

nap time.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 05:00 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I love this, it happens all the time. See, people like you who ask these questions are idiots, one of the reasons that the book and film is good, is that it leaves unanswered questions in the readers and viewers mind. For some reason the questions that you don't know the answers to, are the most fundementally simple ones.

laughing

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 05:07 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I watched this when I was dead tired, but didn't his mother-in-law give it away, or at least we're lead to believe that she inadvertently had something to do with it?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 05:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
nap time.

Chilly has a valid point, people that need every single facet of a story spoon-feed to them, often don't like or get movies that expect the viewer to think for him/herself.

A recent perfect example was Cloverfield, did you see the clownery that went on in that thread? The complaints about the film were asinine.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 05:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, isnt that what these threads are for?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 05:54 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by chillmeistergen

That's not a very swell attitude. How will they ever attain general knowledge of cinematics if they just stick to the basic blockbuster? You should be encouraging them to look deeper into films, not to dumb down their experiences by watching films constructed by the likes of Mr. Bay.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 06:04 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

well, isnt that what these threads are for?

I guess they could be, still doesn't make Chilly's point any less valid.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 06:08 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

his point is just crying over someone commenting on the movie, questioning why certain events happened. valid? hardly.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 06:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

No, that wasn't his point, not even a ballpark assessment. Did he come off a bit harsh in the manner he presented his point? Yes. The point stands though.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 06:16 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats the thing, why so harsh? why the insults? Oh, thats right, he's British.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 06:18 PM
exanda kane

Originally posted by Dusty
That's not a very swell attitude. How will they ever attain general knowledge of cinematics if they just stick to the basic blockbuster? You should be encouraging them to look deeper into films, not to dumb down their experiences by watching films constructed by the likes of Mr. Bay.

But doesn't the fact that they watched No Country For Old Men and got caught up on the logistical details, in a fallible way (yes, it isn't the best example), prove that they don't appreciate anything more? I'm all for the more intelligent films produced getting the publicity they deserve, but Chillmeistergen seems to have a point, as well as being pretty funny about it at the same time.

thats the thing, why so harsh? why the insults? Oh, thats right, he's British.

I shall respond with dignity and say that you simply do not understand the great British sense of humour. smile

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 07:10 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by ToMacco

There was a tracker in the satchel.
Originally posted by Robtard
I watched this when I was dead tired, but didn't his mother-in-law give it away, or at least we're lead to believe that she inadvertently had something to do with it?

I'm pretty sure she does. In the book she tells the Mexicans what hotel that her and Carla Jean are headed to.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Last edited by Röland on Mar 23rd, 2008 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 07:24 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by Robtard
A recent perfect example was Cloverfield, did you see the clownery that went on in that thread? The complaints about the film were asinine.

That thread at least made me laugh.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 07:35 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark Question
Lurker

They were hiding from Anton.

Not a very good plan.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 07:36 PM
Mark Question is currently offline Click here to Send Mark Question a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Question Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Anton: "He gave the mexicans a reciever."

Accountant: "He thinks...he thought...the more people looking..."

Anton: "Thats foolish. You pick the one right tool."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 08:56 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not up to me to encourage them, they should re watch it, or maybe even pick up the book, that'll give them more insight than I can. If they don't have enough interest in cinema to do that, then I'd rather they stick to watching shit films which they can understand, rather than practically insult a film, by asking questions which suggest that this is some kind of flaw on the film maker's part.

It's not dumbing down their experiences, it's giving them films that are more their level.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 11:07 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote