KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda
Started by: Mairuzu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

The legend of zelda

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 06:41 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

April fools stick out tongue

edit: woulda been nice

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 06:42 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyone who fell for it is clearly a spastic

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 10:24 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I knew it was a joke before i even seen the trailer

regardless...

it would make a great movie

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 10:27 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

no...it wouldn't..people need to stop thinking that it would

the games are good because of what you can do in them...little side quests....daft archery games and horse racing...fishing...

the balance between the dungeons and the exploration of the outside world

none of that could translate to a film...it would simply end up being a cheesy good v evil/ save the princess shit film

you could put maybe one boss battle in it because anymore other than ganon would be repetative

you could some information gathering in markets or at strange locations like the witches shop

you could introduce the kokiri...the owl as a guide and maybe the wise sword master from wind waker as link trains up to fight ganon

but thats about it...you'd lose massive amounts of what makes the games so brilliant

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 10:38 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

k

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 12:31 AM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Legend of Zelda Movie Trailer

here it is:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/863/863492p1.html

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: yes, its an april fools joke, but WOW what dedication

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 03:16 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

aww shit. didnt see this thread

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 03:27 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

oops. didnt realize there was another thread. please close.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 03:28 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Schecter
aww shit. didnt see this thread
lol despite being like 1 spot down stick out tongue

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 03:40 AM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by jaden101
no...it wouldn't..people need to stop thinking that it would

the games are good because of what you can do in them...little side quests....daft archery games and horse racing...fishing...

the balance between the dungeons and the exploration of the outside world

none of that could translate to a film...it would simply end up being a cheesy good v evil/ save the princess shit film

you could put maybe one boss battle in it because anymore other than ganon would be repetative

you could some information gathering in markets or at strange locations like the witches shop

you could introduce the kokiri...the owl as a guide and maybe the wise sword master from wind waker as link trains up to fight ganon

but thats about it...you'd lose massive amounts of what makes the games so brilliant

I disagree to an extent. While A Zelda movie could never be the greatest film ever. If they have a few boss fights it could translate to a pretty good fantasy/action film. I have faith that if they ever did release a film it would be good. The April fools trailer actually could have been a decent movie had the CG been better and if Ganondorf and all the other characters looked alot better. But it shows that the concept could be translated to film. It would just need an enormous budget...lol

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 03:48 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
I disagree to an extent. While A Zelda movie could never be the greatest film ever. If they have a few boss fights it could translate to a pretty good fantasy/action film. I have faith that if they ever did release a film it would be good. The April fools trailer actually could have been a decent movie had the CG been better and if Ganondorf and all the other characters looked alot better. But it shows that the concept could be translated to film. It would just need an enormous budget...lol
bleh

who cares, hes just stating his opinion, mine on the other hand would agree with yours... it would be pretty awesome

i think its kinds stupid that he wants people to stop thinking it would be a dumb idea

wtf is up with that lol?

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 03:53 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mairuzu
bleh

who cares, hes just stating his opinion, mine on the other hand would agree with yours... it would be pretty awesome

i think its kinds stupid that he wants people to stop thinking it would be a dumb idea

wtf is up with that lol?

i dont want people to stop thinking it will be a DUMB idea...i want people to stop thinking it will be a good idea

the more people think it will be a good idea...the more chance it has of eventually happening...and the fact is...it'll be a total **** up

miyamoto in time magazine

V
V

quote:
The Legend of Zelda has enough potential to be the greatest video game based movie of all time. Could we see Link on the big screen in the future? —Jason Zarrilli, Huntsville, Alabama

That is a question that always comes up. We have been approached by people before and we have thought about potential ways that it could happen. But I struggle with the Hollywood process. So it is just a question of whether or not we can find something down the road that will meet our desires.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 08:55 AM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

i dont want people to stop thinking it will be a DUMB idea...i want people to stop thinking it will be a good idea

the more people think it will be a good idea...the more chance it has of eventually happening...and the fact is...it'll be a total **** up

miyamoto in time magazine

V
V

You dont know if it'll be a **** up or not until it happens. **** up or not...it'll probably happen one day.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 03:08 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

V
V
oh wow! that makes sense! roll eyes (sarcastic)

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 03:11 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
You dont know if it'll be a **** up or not until it happens. **** up or not...it'll probably happen one day.

trust me...i know these things

if it happens...and it's good i'll eat a hat...not just any hat though

this hat

(please log in to view the image)

i just think all the stuff that made the games great wont translate to film...namely the way they PLAY

quote:
oh wow! that makes sense!

makes perfect sense to anyone with a basic grasp of English

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 03:55 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It will suck.

You simply CAN'T take a video game that's literally hours upon hours long, and there's several of them, and conver it into a two or three hour movie and expect it to be good. You can pull it off with books, but it can’t be done with a video game… fact.

If anyone disagrees, privde proof to the contrary. Show me a good video game movie..

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 03:56 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yearofthebat

Question Ocarina of Time: Who Would You Cast???

Please dont tear me a new one for asking this and if it is a duplicate of another please close. BUT, in the wake of that April Fool's trailer for a Legend of Zelda movie I was wondering if someone were to make a film adaptation of the game who would you cast for all the memorable characters and who would you have direct the film?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 06:59 PM
yearofthebat is currently offline Click here to Send yearofthebat a Private Message Find more posts by yearofthebat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yearofthebat

My is as follows:

Young Link: Freddie Highmore
Adult Link: Jake Gyllenhal or Orlando Bloom (both would do well)
Young Princess Zelda: Dakota Fanning
Adult Princess Zelda: Scarlett Johansson or Keira Knightley (this is a tough one)
Ganondorf: Jason Isaacs
Impa: Rosario Dawson
Director: Peter Jackson or Guillermo del Toro

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 07:19 PM
yearofthebat is currently offline Click here to Send yearofthebat a Private Message Find more posts by yearofthebat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I'd say unknowns

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 08:47 PM