KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Indiana Jones IV or Iron Man

Which one you want to see the most?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Indiana Jones IV 17 36.96%
Iron Man 29 63.04%
Total: 46 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Indiana Jones IV or Iron Man
Started by: laser7455

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
laser7455

Indiana Jones IV or Iron Man

Which one do want to see the most?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 06:44 AM
laser7455 is currently offline Click here to Send laser7455 a Private Message Find more posts by laser7455 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

out of nostalgia, Indiana jones

Out of interest and expectance of quality, Iron Man.

The trailer for Indy didnt do anything for me. Seeing Harrison in the fedora was nice to see again, but the overall trailer looked bad. For some reason i trust favreau and downy to deliver more than i do harrison ford and spielberg. I would never expect myself to say that either haha

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 07:20 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
out of nostalgia, Indiana jones

Out of interest and expectance of quality, Iron Man.

Ditto.. exactly what I was going to say.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 08:28 AM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

INDY for a good old fashioned cinema experiance without any guest rap stars or hip hop on the soundtrack

Iron Man im looking forward to because the CGI looks good
unusual for a 00s superhero flick( mind you its a man in iron suit)

ill go for INDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 09:25 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 09:23 AM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Definitely Indy. Iron Man is one I want to see, but Paltrow is a negative for me, ugh.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 02:52 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Completely "Iron Man". I'm not even watching "Indiana Jones IV" this summer.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 03:17 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why not?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 04:10 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

I like the idea of a new Indiana Jones movie, but Harrison Ford is too old. I'll watch it though, for nostalgia.

Iron Man, however, is just going to be awesome.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 04:11 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Indiana Jones.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 04:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Iron Man, although I will be seeing Indiana Jones

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 07:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Indy. thumb up

I'm seeing Iron Man, and I'm sure it'll rock, but if I had to pick which of the two I'd want to see... it's Indy.

The trailer was good, but it's all the new pics and reviews and interviews that have come out lately that have me very confident that the Berg and the Beard are going to flip it on everybody.

And the "Ford looks too old" nonsense is weak. Look in the Indy forum for a ton of pics that show him in action (different than the trailer) and you'll see.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 07:22 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by MildPossession
Why not?

It's all poorly used nostalgia. The story's not going to be anything besides 'He's doing the same thing he did in the other movie...... But he's old now!"
Just not very interesting to me.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 07:26 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Doesn't matter, it's Indy.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 08:07 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Indeed. Hardly looks old here at all:

(please log in to view the image)

cool

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 08:37 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by exanda kane
Doesn't matter, it's Indy.

Doing the exact same thing he always does.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 08:49 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by sithsaber408
Indeed. Hardly looks old here at all:

(please log in to view the image)

cool

That wasn't my point.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 08:49 PM
jinXed by JaNx

I dont think people should concern themselves on whether or not Ford is to old to reprise his role as the swashbuckling Archaeologist. This was obviously one of the primary concerns of the filmmakers. Which is why im sure this has all been addressed. Not only in the script, but as well with the assistance of technology, the most fine stunt doubles and the inclusion of a young cast mate. Ford know's Indiana's character probably better than George Lucas...,he is Indy. Im sure his age will be focused upon in the film as a joke as well as a point of character development. Speilberg and his team are masters of filmmaking. I would not let the the whole age thing get in the way. As long as the story written well enough in a way that justifies another installment, nothing else matters.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 09:03 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Toku King
It's all poorly used nostalgia. The story's not going to be anything besides 'He's doing the same thing he did in the other movie...... But he's old now!"
Just not very interesting to me.

even if that is the case, it is a fan movie. Speilberg said himself that it was not just his sons nagging him to make another, but the decades worth of cries from the fans that really made him and Lucas truly consider another movie. Of course it will be Indiana doing much of the same thing he has done in the previous other movies. That is not the point. You would be going to see Indy 4 to see Indiana jones character once again as well as escape into some top notch action/adventure. It is much of the same reason people enjoy James Bond. It is the character they enjoy as well as the situations he gets himself out of. The James Bond movies for all intents and purposes are the same thing with each installment...,it is a fan thing

I would also put much faith in Harrisons decision to accept the Script. Ford is not one to take a Script on face value. If he thought it was good enough to put himself through the physical work and risking his stature. Im sure it will, at the very least feel like an Indiana Jones movie and not just a parody of a once young and strong character

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 09:10 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

for me it's indy...Favreau has no talent as a director or even an actor in my opinion...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 09:13 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

really, not as a Director? I can dig the Acting comment, he is only tolerable when he has the chemistry of Vaughn. you didnt think he did a good job with made or Zathura though?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 09:16 PM