KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Favorite Paul Thomas Anderson Film?

Favorite Paul Thomas Anderson Film?
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Favorite Paul Thomas Anderson Film?

One of my favorite directors (although I haven't seen a few of his movies yet) and I know there are other fans of him on here.

I was curious as to what your favorite P.T. Anderson movies was.

Out of the three that I've seen (There Will Be Blood, Magnolia and Punch-Drunk Love), I'd have to choose Magnolia.

Anyway, discuss!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 05:43 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

I've seen There Will Be Blood, Magnolia and Boogie Nights. I'd choose Boogie Nights as my favorite of the three that I've seen.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 06:07 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

he's done hard eight, boogie nights, magnolia, punch drunk love, and there will be blood. oh, and legend has it he directed the majority of prairie home companion as a favor to altman.

i could make an argument for any of them, but punch drunk love is the only one i can't imagine never seeing again.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:48 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
oh, and legend has it he directed the majority of prairie home companion as a favor to altman.

As much as I like Altman, that was one borefest.

As for Anderson, I've only seen Magnolia, and Punch Drunk Love. Magnolia it will have to be so far.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 02:55 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Paul Anderson? "Mortal Kombat".

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 03:41 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ha ha, no...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 04:07 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

My favorite of his movie's is There will be blood, but it is more for Daniel day lewis' performance than anything. He did do an exceptional making me thoroughly believe that i was living back in the early 1900's though. I'd say his most fascinating for me, would be punch drunk love. I was floored with what he was able to do with Adam Sandler and i was biting fingers every moment of the way, i was that engrossed with the characters.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 05:17 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

I have not seen everything of his but from what i have seen i would have to say Punch-Drunk Love is my favorite cause i love Adam Sandler and that movie was just great.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:35 PM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I never seen one of his movies.

Which one would you guys recommend?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:29 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Hard Eight (also known as Sydney) (1996) ????
Boogie Nights (1997) - Good Movie
Magnolia (1999) - Good Movie
Punch-Drunk Love (2002) - Looks like shit.
There Will Be Blood (2007) - Lewis was good.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really like Magnolia and There Will Be Blood, Boogie Nights was good as well. Other than that, I haven't seen anything else. I'll give the others a watch, though just reading Adam Sandler's name makes me physically sick.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 05:03 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

There will be blood was by far my favorite. I really liked Punch Drunk Love second best. Boogie Nights was good. I wasn't all that thrilled with Magnolia.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 05:16 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

There will be blood i thought was ok at best. It just went on to long and did not serve much of a purpose. It was not bad but it was not god either.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 05:41 PM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
There will be blood i thought was ok at best. It just went on to long and did not serve much of a purpose. It was not bad but it was not god either.

Oh dear, and you call yourself a movie buff?

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 05:43 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I've only seen Magnolia and Boggie Nights

never interested in Punch Drunk Love, though I've been told it's quite good.

and I own the "There Will Be Blood" DVD, though I have not seen it yet blink

So far I'd say Magnolia (I completely loved that movie, one of my all time favorites)

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 05:46 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It was like a character study of Daniel Plainview, and it did that well, very well. I didn't care much for those repeated quiet scenes of Day-Lewis just standing or toiling in some fashion, but they served the bigger picture. Day-Lewis also did a terrific performance, dude has the Method and Stanislovski down to a science.

Curious though, what do you mean "it didn't serve a purpose"?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 06:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Not serve much of a purpose except for its originality, it's slate for great actors to perform at their best, it's depicting of the madness behind the early toils of the oil industry . . .

. . . Sir, I will drink your milkshake.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 09:38 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Boogie Nights is my favorite.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 09:58 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
garblejar

ive seen everything except There Will Be Blood (watched 20 mins and loved it but had to turn it off for company), and I would say my favorite is probably Punch Drunk Love or Boogie Nights. its tough though. I loved Magnolia, and I REALLY loved Hard Eight. who knows.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 04:33 PM
garblejar is currently offline Click here to Send garblejar a Private Message Find more posts by garblejar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I have not seen Hard Eight, I'll have to put that on my queue.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 11:40 PM