KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Watchmen

Watchmen
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Watchman

I have'nt read the comic myself but from what i've seen of the trailer its looks good

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07...utely-stunning/

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 09:06 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Its going to be amazing in my opinion. The comic was incredible and I definately recommend everybody to read it if they havent already.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 10:07 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage52
Restricted

Account Restricted

my dad bought it me for my birthday and i stayed up all night reading it.i loved rorschach is so awesome.and i liked note-owl too.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 07:56 PM
carnage52 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage52 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

This seems fair. Hopefully the next trailer will be amazing

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 09:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolverine2006
X-man

Looks incredible, but for now The Dark Knight is my favorite movie.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 10:23 PM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

The trailer looks amazing. Snyder has managed to get the look of the comic book down perfectly. Dr. Manhatten looks fdashjfiojhgdsf, and the creation of his palace on Mars looks sdfjhhsdajhfdsjf, too. I always thought Nite Owl was a bit of a twit-ta-woo in the comic book, but he looks Batman-esque in the trailer. GHJhfdjfhdsjfhdskjffh.

Watch the trailer here, though:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22952

It's much better quality.

PS. What's the tune? Sounds like The Smashing Pumpkins...

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 01:37 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

The trailer looks good. Dr. Manhattan looks far better than I could have imagined, and I totally geeked out when they showed the last shot of him on Mars. That was awesome! I just hope Snyder doesn't do a lot of the slow down/speed up like he did in 300.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 01:49 AM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The trailer makes me very excited, but, if i were not a fan of the series and did not know anything about the comic. I wouldn't know what the fuk this movie is about.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 05:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If Zack snyder does indeed make a good film of this comic from Alan Moore its gonna shut down every else that said it was impossible to adapt.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 07:10 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not, because that's the most it could ever possibly be; a good film.

Even if it's an excellent film, it won't be an excellent adaptation, because that's more or less impossible if you've actually read the story.

I won't be going to see it because I don't believe it's ok for Hollywood to continue doing this.

You haven't even read the book, have you, Kazenji?

Oh, and the song is The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning by The Smashing Pumpkins, Krunk'd.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Jul 19th, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 10:35 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's not, because that's the most it could ever possibly be; a good film.

Even if it's an excellent film, it won't be an excellent adaptation, because that's more or less impossible if you've actually read the story.

I won't be going to see it because I don't believe it's ok for Hollywood to continue doing this.

You haven't even read the book, have you, Kazenji?

Oh, and the song is The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning by The Smashing Pumpkins, Krunk'd.

-AC

why exactly cant it be an excellent adaptation, they could do a fairly good one

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 03:26 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I didn't think Dr Manhatten looked that good at all to be honest.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Doing what? adapting comics to film?

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Jul 19th, 2008 at 03:37 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 03:32 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Scoobless

i think its a good thing it actually helps the industry imo

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 03:37 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The trailer makes me very excited, but, if i were not a fan of the series and did not know anything about the comic. I wouldn't know what the fuk this movie is about.

This is true. While I was all giddy watching the trailor and telling my wife how I was definately going to see it, she asked me what the hell was it about. All she could determine was that there were a bunch of superhero type people running around.

She also asked me who the blue guy was and what can he do. I told her his name was Dr. Manhatten and he can pretty much do anything. She didnt get it.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 03:42 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

im sure as time progresses the trailers will explain alittle more

this is just like eye candy for fans

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 03:45 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Meh, I honestly think the books are overrated. They were probably great when they first came out but they don't live up to the hype for new readers.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 03:53 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

you gotta be into that sorta thing. its hate it or love it

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 03:58 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Nah, thought it was ok, not much more than that.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 04:07 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

well it really helped make comics what they are today and i liked the whole fake an alien invasion part

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 04:09 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jalek moye
why exactly cant it be an excellent adaptation, they could do a fairly good one

You just answered your own question didn't you? "Why can't it be excellent? It could be good.".

Even that is arguable. If you're asking why it can't be an excellent adaptation, you either haven't read, nor understood, the book.

Adapting things to movie that were not meant to be adapted to movie. It's not like it was a book that would work well as a movie. One of the CREATOR'S aims was to make it impossible to reproduce in cinema, to make it appreciated as, and stay as, a book.

Basically, it's not ok for them to ignore a creator's wishes in aid of getting money.

Originally posted by tkitna
All she could determine was that there were a bunch of superhero type people running around.

She also asked me who the blue guy was and what can he do. I told her his name was Dr. Manhatten and he can pretty much do anything. She didnt get it.

Multiply that by however many the general public is.

Meh, I honestly think the books are overrated. They were probably great when they first came out but they don't live up to the hype for new readers.

You're projecting. I know a few people who have read it after hearing me rant about the movie, and they've immediately accepted the level of praise it has got, and why a movie is ridiculous.

You, in all seriousness, probably don't understand it. So like many who don't understand things, you brand it as "overrated".

It wasn't meant for certain people, that's not to say you aren't smart, you probably just don't understand it. It wasn't meant for you.

Nah, thought it was ok, not much more than that.

It's not hate it or love it, it's understand it fully or not at all. That's what determines how you feel about the book. If you're not into that kind of thing, you won't get it, and therefore, you won't like it that much.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Jul 19th, 2008 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 04:11 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote