KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Book of Eli

The Book of Eli
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Book of Eli

quote:
The Book of Eli revolves around a lone warrior (Washington) who must fight to bring society the knowledge that could be the key to its redemption. Oldman has been set to portray the despot of a small makeshift town who's determined to take possession of the book Eli's guarding.

Trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59487

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 04:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Soooooo...It's basically Mad Max 2 meets that new film about the angels fighting with Paul Bettany in it?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 02:09 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Reminds me of the many 80's B-movies about good vs. evil in a post apocalyptic earth.

I'll probably see it, has Gary Oldman; that cat is the shit. Easily in my top-five favorite thespians.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 8th, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2009 12:08 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

tis lookin very awesome

must see

Old Post Oct 12th, 2009 04:54 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Looks really, really good. Takes elements of films we've seen before of this nature, but putting in some new stuff that'll make it stand out. Can't wait!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2009 09:35 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Mila Kunis is in it, I'll go see it.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 10:34 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this film should have been a dvd release

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 10:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Why?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 11:29 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Why?

because it looks like total crap... i will know next wednesday when i see it

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 01:25 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I have a feeling it'll be good.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 02:20 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

So, I saw an advanced screening of this today, it was very very very good!!!! I will most definitely see it again!

Here is why it is so cool..... be warned MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD, DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT THIS MOVIE SPOILED FOR YOU!!!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hey folks, Hiker here.... I really didn't see this movie. I probably won't be able to go see it since I have a 9 month old baby daughter who my wife and I are constantly caring for. I'm not complaining or anything, it's just that's part of the deal; having a baby to take care of means going to a lot less movies. So hey, if you did end up reading this portion of this post, why not reply to my post by typing, "That movie sounds awesome!!!!!" or "Damn you, Hiker!! You had to spoil it, didn't you!!!" So anyway, now I'm going to write a fake part right here.....But the best thing about this movie is when Gary Oldman [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Heh heh heh. This will be great when people finally see the movie and decide to read my post. They'll probably either hate me even more, or mayble they'll think that my shinanigins are just good clean fun! Oh, here's another line of bullshit....which was probably the best scene ever filmed in movie history!!!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: So anyway, nice job on reading this, I hope you enjoyed. This will be our little secret. wink -Hiker

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 11:43 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
So, I saw an advanced screening of this today, it was very very very good!!!! I will most definitely see it again!

Here is why it is so cool..... be warned MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD, DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT THIS MOVIE SPOILED FOR YOU!!!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hey folks, Hiker here.... I really didn't see this movie. I probably won't be able to go see it since I have a 9 month old baby daughter who my wife and I are constantly caring for. I'm not complaining or anything, it's just that's part of the deal; having a baby to take care of means going to a lot less movies. So hey, if you did end up reading this portion of this post, why not reply to my post by typing, "That movie sounds awesome!!!!!" or "Damn you, Hiker!! You had to spoil it, didn't you!!!" So anyway, now I'm going to write a fake part right here.....But the best thing about this movie is when Gary Oldman [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Heh heh heh. This will be great when people finally see the movie and decide to read my post. They'll probably either hate me even more, or mayble they'll think that my shinanigins are just good clean fun! Oh, here's another line of bullshit....which was probably the best scene ever filmed in movie history!!!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: So anyway, nice job on reading this, I hope you enjoyed. This will be our little secret. wink -Hiker

Yeah that part of it was amazing....Especially when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the people that read your post decide to hunt you down and kill you for your sick and twisted humour

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 12:12 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I called it.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 12:52 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

lulz

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 01:14 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by jaden101
Yeah that part of it was amazing....Especially when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the people that read your post decide to hunt you down and kill you for your sick and twisted humour

Oh, I forgot about that part! eek! I loved that part too!
Originally posted by Scythe
I called it.
You predicted that plot line?? Kudos to you, man. I never saw it coming. wink
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
lulz
I agree! It was a bit funny when Gary Oldman did that. big grin

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 06:28 PM
Scythe
The Goat

You predicted that plot line?? Kudos to you, man. I never saw it coming. wink

It was epic, my favorite part was when Oldman said: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The word "the" and "us" because I love those words, which made me ask: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: there's a hippo somewhere in Malaysia, what time is it?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 07:01 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

This is more like a religious story with the EXACT art direction of Fallout 3.

Not Mad Max, or any of the others.

Tell me, guys, does any of this look familiar?
(please log in to view the image)

Hell, even the clothes resemble the general concept of Fallout 3:

OH, lol, looks like someone else already noticed...and put together better pictures of it...lol

Edit - Well, after doing some google searching, looks like that was far from my original idea. I'm late to the party.

quote:
But perhaps most telling of all likenesses is the movie's use of a similar typeface to that seen in Fallout 3. Even the slow fade in and fade out of the title and the word "Believe" at the end of the trailer brings to mind a similar technique used in early trailers for Fallout 3...

http://role-playing-video-games.sui...vokes_fallout_3

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 12th, 2010 at 07:23 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 07:18 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Got Fallout 3, couldn't get into it. If it doesn't sell on ebay, may try to give it another go.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 07:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Got Fallout 3, couldn't get into it. If it doesn't sell on ebay, may try to give it another go.

I own it. It's a good RPG.

I can understand why people wouldn't like it as it's one of the more complicated RPGs. There IS too much of a good thing...

That complexlity in the RPG system is why I don't like Elder of the Scrolls type of games.

The book of Eli looks good, BTW. I don't care that it looks like Fallout3..in fact, I think it's a good thing.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 10:31 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Robtard

i will give you my address so you can send it me big grin

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 10:45 PM