KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Sunday (1977)

Black Sunday (1977)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Black Sunday (1977)

I watched this tremendous thriller for the first time since the early 90's this weekend. The G20 summit here in Toronto the past week, put the idea in my head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sunday_(1977_film)

To think how the worldview has changed, post 9/11. In fact, it's claimed this doesn't get shown much on American TV anymore, post-9/11. It's scary how the forecast in this came to be true in NYC.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Last edited by roughrider on Jun 28th, 2010 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2010 08:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dalejustin1

"Black Sunday" is a flat out exciting motion picture about the planning and execution of a terrorist attack during the Super Bowl. Robert Shaw plays the head of an agency trying to prevent the attack. Bruce Dern is at his creepy best as a brainwashed Vietnam vet enlisted by the lovely Marthe Keller to help carry out the sinister plan. Dern is a blimp pilot and the perfect person to help detonate a contraption that will send thousands of deadly needles into the unsuspecting crowd.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 12:53 PM
dalejustin1 is currently offline Click here to Send dalejustin1 a Private Message Find more posts by dalejustin1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I have never seen this movie,always wanted to but never got around to it,will have to do so sometime soon,sounds exciting.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 07:01 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

it has been many years since i have seen this..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 07:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I have said in another forum - watch this film, and imagine Bruce Dern in his prime as the Joker. He would have been even scarier than Heath Ledger's version.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 05:38 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jenika
Restricted

Account Restricted

Black Sunday is a major thriller about an attempted terrorist attack on the Super Bowl, adapting a novel by Thomas Harris, produced by Robert Evans and directed by John Frankenheimer.This slick thriller brutal old still surprisingly good. Black Sunday is still fresh today, presumably because it presents a world of difference between heroes and villains are minimal, although Kabokov is symbolic of the story good guy, he is cold, obsessive and just as capable of behavior amoral terrorists prey.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 01:01 PM
jenika is currently offline Click here to Send jenika a Private Message Find more posts by jenika Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
williamberry
Restricted

Account Restricted

black sunday really an interesting movie as i like to watch it again and again.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 12:47 PM
williamberry is currently offline Click here to Send williamberry a Private Message Find more posts by williamberry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by williamberry
black sunday really an interesting movie as i like to watch it again and again.

Because it's like two films that parallel each other - Black September and their terrorist planning, and the Mossad & CIA working on the other side to follow them. Both sides actually get humanized through the course of the film - Mathe Keller & Bruce Dern have motivations we can empathize with, even if we don't support them and want to see the bomb attempt thwarted.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 06:20 PM
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Because it's like two films that parallel each other - Black September and their terrorist planning, and the Mossad & CIA working on the other side to follow them. Both sides actually get humanized through the course of the film - Mathe Keller & Bruce Dern have motivations we can empathize with, even if we don't support them and want to see the bomb attempt thwarted.

except the mossad and the CIA are terrorists organizations that work together and the reason the world is in such a mess.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 06:20 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rayfrank
Restricted

Account Restricted

Black Sunday is a 1977 American thriller thriller film.This slick yet brutal aged surprisingly well. Black Sunday is still fresh today, presumably because it presents a world of difference between the heroes and villains of the film is minimal.The was a great commercial success upon its release in 1977.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2010 02:22 PM
rayfrank is currently offline Click here to Send rayfrank a Private Message Find more posts by rayfrank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote