KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rank The Rocky Films

Rank The Rocky Films
Started by: §P0oONY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
§P0oONY

Rank The Rocky Films

In order of preference!

Mine:

Rocky - Has to be, it's the original and the best.
Rocky II - Gives you all the same feelings as the first... a fine sequel,
Rocky IV - This is so high simply because it is the best film after the Rocky films take their detour. It also has the best soundtrack and a fantastic comicbook villain.,
Rocky Balboa - A true conclusion, this is certainly the purest Rocky film since II,
Rocky III - This is where the Rocky films take a different path, a much less serious tone. It's still great but one of the weakest in my opinion,
Rocky V - Definitely the worst. I think this one is pretty unanimous. While it is easily the worst film I still think people judge it unfailrly though... It's still entertaining, and has one of the best and most satisfying endings. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Touch me and I'll sue......... *Smack*....Sue me for what?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 07:47 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 5.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 08:06 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

beer Nice Thread,Anyway here is my opinion

smokin'
Rocky 2-I feel this movie is slightly greater then the first and possibly the best sequel in film history

Rocky 1-A classic underdog movie with a real emotional ending

Rocky 5-Yes,This one will surprise most people but I like the story too it and the fantastic ending

Rocky 4-This one has one of the greatest Villains on screen of all time.Ivan Drago what a fabulous character

Rocky Balboa-Good story and a great way to end the series,unfortunately the villain/opponent in this movie was the weakest of all the movies

Rocky 3-Easily the weakest,Mr T made a decent villain but this movie felt like a long music video too me at times and just lacked story,Almost like they threw in long music scenes just to get out of making a decent plot,Really not a fan of this one

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 08:21 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Should've had a poll

Rocky 2

Rocky

Rocky 3/4

Rocky Balboa

Rocky 5

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 08:31 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Should've had a poll

Rocky 2

Rocky

Rocky 3/4

Rocky Balboa

Rocky 5

erm Are you saying that you like part 3 and 4 the same?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 10:32 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

*sigh* erm Yeah I am

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 10:49 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

*sigh* erm Yeah I am

smile Just asking

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 11:06 AM
steverules_2

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 11:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Rocky
Rocky II
Balboa
Rocky III
Rocky IV
Rocky V

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 12:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Rocky V will always be everyone's least favorite...or any sane Rocky fans least favorite. Originally Rocky was going to die due to his fight with Tommy and the head problems he had originally encountered from Drago and all his years of taking blows to the head. But Sly changed it of course.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 12:39 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Rocky four
Rocky one
Rocky three
Rocky two
Rocky five(I think is the worst)

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 02:47 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Rocky V will always be everyone's least favorite...or any sane Rocky fans least favorite. Originally Rocky was going to die due to his fight with Tommy and the head problems he had originally encountered from Drago and all his years of taking blows to the head. But Sly changed it of course.

That would've been even worse.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 03:44 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Rocky four
Rocky one
Rocky three
Rocky two
Rocky five(I think is the worst)

beer Thats very interesting,That you rank the fourth first and rank the second 4th last...You Left out Balboa''The sixth one'' Where would you rank that?

smile I would also love if you could elaborate a little on why you ranked the movies in that order

smokin' Also,I have always wondered the dislike of Rocky 5 seems everyone is voting it last,Can people explain there reasons for not liking it? This would be greatly appreciated

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 02:56 AM
§P0oONY

There are a few reasons why I ranked Rocky V last... The films set up felt a little rushed in it's writing. Obviously they wanted to take Rocky back to his roots and take him to his lowest point... but it just seemed so forced, everything from the brain damage to losing all his money.. I also didn't like the fact that the film really didn't have a point; there was no real message and at the end of the film ROcky isn't even in a better place... the whole film it was simply pulling from the nostalgia of previous films (which is also the thing I loved about it) without having a point itself. The biggest flaw is obviously Tommy Gunn though... Wooden character with wooden acting, there was nothing satisfying about watching Rocky take him under his wing and there was nothing very satisfying about watching Rocky kick is arse, leaving you with the series' worst fight.

All this said it's still a decent film. I think it's massivly underrated. There are some of the best scenes from any Rocky film in it (The one with Micky springs to mind.) Plus there is real onscreen chemistry between Sly and his son.

Put it this way, if Rocky Balboa had never been released I would still be happy having 5 as the series conclusion. I think Stallone to treat it like a mistake... and act like it was never made.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 03:45 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Originally posted by §P0oONY
There are a few reasons why I ranked Rocky V last... The films set up felt a little rushed in it's writing. Obviously they wanted to take Rocky back to his roots and take him to his lowest point... but it just seemed so forced, everything from the brain damage to losing all his money.. I also didn't like the fact that the film really didn't have a point; there was no real message and at the end of the film ROcky isn't even in a better place... the whole film it was simply pulling from the nostalgia of previous films (which is also the thing I loved about it) without having a point itself. The biggest flaw is obviously Tommy Gunn though... Wooden character with wooden acting, there was nothing satisfying about watching Rocky take him under his wing and there was nothing very satisfying about watching Rocky kick is arse, leaving you with the series' worst fight.

All this said it's still a decent film. I think it's massivly underrated. There are some of the best scenes from any Rocky film in it (The one with Micky springs to mind.) Plus there is real onscreen chemistry between Sly and his son.

Put it this way, if Rocky Balboa had never been released I would still be happy having 5 as the series conclusion. I think Stallone to treat it like a mistake... and act like it was never made.

Fair enough,I actually did find Rocky kicking Tommy's ass fairly satisfying though,I also really liked the Father/son aspect of the film

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 07:06 AM
steverules_2

I didn't like the fact that there was no point to Rocky V, I mean he'd beaten all these obsticles and then suddenly Sly thinks 'Ok so we'll take away his money, give him brain damage and then he like...trains this guy who wins the title BUT gets jealous of being called Rocky's Robot! And so in the end Rocky beats him in a street fight which proves absolutely nothing!' Seriously they may as well have made Rocky V...Paulie's robot has a wire loose...and now only Rocky can save his family, in a boxing match to the death Rocky must now face his biggest challenge yet and face the might that is Sico II. Or Rocky vs The terminator, Rocky has to protect Sarah Connor from a T800 and a boxing match is sanctioned between the two.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 08:16 AM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I never saw the newest Rocky movie and I don't thinik I want too.Rocky five by far was horrible and I think the newest Rocky movie may take the cake and be worst then Rocky five.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 02:55 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rocky III
Rocky II
Rocky I
Rocky IV
Rocky V
Rocky VI

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 02:58 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Does the newest Rocky movie a remake of the first Rocky or is it the sixth?

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 03:00 PM
Doc Blake

Rocky
Rocky II
Balboa
Rocky III
Rocky IV
Rocky V

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 04:01 PM
Doc Blake is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Blake a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Blake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote