KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Rite

The Rite
Started by: Bicnarok

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

The Rite

Seen a few trailers of this, an exorcist kind of movie. Not really into this sort of "lets talk latin, to get rid of the demons" sort of stories, probably because the bible wasnīt even written in Latin so the language has little to do with any demonic aspects of things.

Not only that, but someone uttering some words and spraying holy water isnīt really going to hurt a powerfull demon like creature is it.

Ok itīs only a movie after all, but apparently itīs based on "actual events"smile

Going to watch this one mainly because Anthony Hopkins is in it, brilliant actor.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 07:06 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Hopkins has been phoning it in for years. The Rite looks oh so wrong.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 11:00 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing special at all.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 11:02 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I agree with MP. It's not a bad movie but it didn't seem to try very hard to set itself apart from other movies in the genre with similar concepts. For me it's one of those movies that start out strong but fizzles away into mediocrity before the last act. I did enjoy the performance of the possessed Italian girl. If you're like me and enjoy movies about the paranormal and demonic possession this one might be worth a rental but otherwise it's not going to do anything for anyone.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 12:53 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: The Rite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Seen a few trailers of this, an exorcist kind of movie. Not really into this sort of "lets talk latin, to get rid of the demons" sort of stories, probably because the bible wasnīt even written in Latin so the language has little to do with any demonic aspects of things.

Not only that, but someone uttering some words and spraying holy water isnīt really going to hurt a powerfull demon like creature is it.

Ok itīs only a movie after all, but apparently itīs based on "actual events"smile

Going to watch this one mainly because Anthony Hopkins is in it, brilliant actor.

yeah same here.cant believe its a true story. eek!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 09:18 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Holy god this movie sucked. I saw it many months ago at the cheap theater. Sucked giant balls. Unoriginal and could have redeemed itself with at least a provocative spititual idea or two, but instead was philosophically weak. I'm ashamed of Anthony Hopkins for doing this crap.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 04:20 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Yeah nothing special.

I was expecting Hopkins to go all Hannibal when he was possessed but all he did was show how much he's aged in real life.

I did like how the Vatican had gone all high tech dealing with the notion of possession in modern day society.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 06:09 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote