KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Haunted Mansion

The Haunted Mansion
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

The Haunted Mansion

The Haunted Mansion is one of my favorite rides at the Disney theme parks, so I am begging mercilessly for the movie to be great. It will star Eddie Murphy as a hard-working lawyer who has barely any time for his family, named Jim Evers. In order to get a big job promotion, he must meet the head of his company. His boss's name? Edward Gracey.

Anyone knows the name Edward Gracey, I'll blab a bit. After working on the ride a long time, the park employees began giving names to the ghosts of the mansion, and wrote up little stories of how the ghosts died in a big book. Edward Gracey is the owner of the mansion and (for those of you who remember or have been on the ride) is the skeleton hanging from the cieling in the stretching art gallery, for he went mad and hung himself.

The guy who read the script says it is close to getting a PG-13 rating. Goody. evil face

Also, the guy writing the score for the movie is a good friend of my dad's. He has written the score for Twister, Con Air, The Lion King, Tarzan, etc. His name is Mark Macina, so look for his name on the CDs or in the credits.

Another thing. Eddie Murphy's character finds his way into the stretching art gallery on the script...

quote:
The set-up is Eddie Murphy's character, Jim Evers, is in an octagonal room, admiring the paintings on the wall:

"Jim walks to leave, but can't find the door. He turns confused ... Jim looks around in confusion. Jim turns to the window ... or where the window used to be. No window. He turns to leave, but now there's no door. He looks around, but there's definitely no door. No windows and no doors--"

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/nav4/in...tm~contentFrame

Old Post Mar 17th, 2003 05:49 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

yeah ill see it cuz i like the ride too.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2003 05:51 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It's creepy, isn't it?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2003 02:54 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elizabeth_Gracy
Foolish Mortal

He's not a lawyer, he's a realistate agent who works with his wife and he goes to gracy manor because he thinks he'll be able to sell it.
Mr. Gracy is cute in the movie.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 12:46 AM
Elizabeth_Gracy is currently offline Click here to Send Elizabeth_Gracy a Private Message Find more posts by Elizabeth_Gracy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwene
Restricted

Account Restricted

i saw that last night it was sooo goood

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 01:13 PM
Arwene is currently offline Click here to Send Arwene a Private Message Find more posts by Arwene Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Im_Fuzzy
AKA: Tim_Fuzzy

I didn't realy like it i thought the plot was a little to...dumb

"NOW YOU'LL SEE HOW REAL VAMPIRES DO BATTLE!" Alucard from Hellsing

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 08:34 PM
Im_Fuzzy is currently offline Click here to Send Im_Fuzzy a Private Message Find more posts by Im_Fuzzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote