KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Holes

Holes
Started by: GordonSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Holes

Does anyone know anything about this movie? It's coming out soon! smile It's got that boy from Evan Stevens in it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 02:37 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

nope.....what's the synopsis on it?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 04:15 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I don't know. I think it has something to do with some young archeologists finding some mystical relic with destructive powers and influence. I just saw the commercial for it last night. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 08:32 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That's not what the book was about.

A kid is convicted of stealing the shoes of his favorite sports star from a sheltering home where the shoes were going towards donation. He is given a choice of going to jail or going to a camp. He opts for the camp, where he discovers that they dig holes all day long. The warden is searching for long lost treasure that should belong to the kid, though he has no idea. The kid's name is Stanley Yelnats.

My literature teacher absolutely HATES this book. big grin

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 11:46 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Oh. Well it was rather late when I saw the commercial for the FIRST time. I probably could not remember it accurately.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 11:48 PM
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

My borther read it and I think looks fun to watch but not to see in the movie theater. To expensive know or days.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 11:53 PM
VampirePrincess is currently offline Click here to Send VampirePrincess a Private Message Find more posts by VampirePrincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

It looked like a film one wouldn't expect the Evan Stevens kid to be in. It seemed too grown up for him.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 11:56 PM
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

No it really doesn't... The books are for kids and the characters are kids.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 12:20 AM
VampirePrincess is currently offline Click here to Send VampirePrincess a Private Message Find more posts by VampirePrincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

That's why I was suprised to see his face.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 12:29 AM
edwinian
Heavy Metal

Hmmm...I like the trailers. They look pretty cool- don't really know much about the even stevens kid...but i think that this is a movie for all ages b/c yes, it does have 'kids' in it but it also has some really good adult actors in it.

i love the part in the trailer where they are driving away in the bus and there are just all those holes!!!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2003 07:01 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Its going to be one of those happy/funny warm hearted Disney movies.

I'll probably wait for it to come on ABC or somethingstick out tongue

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 01:19 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Tex, the book's more serious than "happy, funny, and warm hearted." There are these lizards that can kill you in one bite and Stanley (Even Stevens kid) and his black friend Zero are surrounded by a swarm of these. It would suck...

Though it will have stuff like the happy/funny stuff.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 01:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

quote:
Originally posted by Tex
Its going to be one of those happy/funny warm hearted Disney movies.

I'll probably wait for it to come on ABC or somethingstick out tongue

Its not a Disney movie though...I know I read somewhere that Disney had nothing to do with the production of the movie and just picked it up after Walden was done with it.

But Tex- you are right, there are happy/funny parts, but Rex is also right in that there are other darker parts.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 02:56 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

My sister told me I should read it, so I read it last summer. It only took me a couple of days, and it was pretty good.

The movie looks really stupid, though.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 04:46 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crickey77

I don't know. There are some things i love about the trailer (like Patricia Arquetee on a horse). i don't know that much about the main kid, but it seems like he has a pretty big following (i read somewhere else he's also in the new charlie's angels).

i think this movie will do pretty well. the book is super popular, after all.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 06:59 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

I loved that part with Arquette on the horse...

and yes, you are right, the kid has a huge following from Even Stevens, and I looked and he is going to be Dumb and Dumberer too!!!- big year for him for sure.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 07:29 PM
kali99

My sister is obsessed with the show Even Stevens.. i've watched it and that kid is really funny. I think i'm going with her to see this one, it looks good to me. And the cast is pretty impressive!!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 10:51 PM
kali99 is currently offline Click here to Send kali99 a Private Message Find more posts by kali99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Who else is in it?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 01:15 AM
edwinian
Heavy Metal

quote:
Originally posted by GordonSkywalker
Who else is in it?

here are the main people from the IMDB listing (main being none of the kid stars)

Sigourney Weaver .... The Warden Walker
Jon Voight .... Mr. Sir/Marion Sirvio
Patricia Arquette .... Katherine 'Kissin' Kate' Barlow
Shia LaBeouf .... Stanley Yelnats IV/Caveman
Tim Blake Nelson .... Mr. Pendanski
Henry Winkler .... Stanley Yelnats III
Dule Hill .... Sam the Onion Man
Eartha Kitt .... Madame Zeroni
Rick Fox (I) .... Clyde 'Sweet Feet' Livingston (Basketball Star- forgot about that- cool)

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 09:11 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Ah! A cast of heavyweights I see.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 09:03 PM