KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Batman :Dark Night Rises Question..

Batman :Dark Night Rises Question..
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Batman :Dark Night Rises Question..

Hi just wanted to ask what exactly happened to batmans knee in the movie how did he injure it and did he develop arthiritis or any other condition on his knee etc(whats ure perspective on this)?

That knee brace he got from the buttler what was it exactly and how did it work to help him use his leg etc??

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 12:06 AM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The answer to all of these questions is "because Batman"

More seriously, I don't think they really extrapolate on it much. So there'll be speculation involved in any answer.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 12:08 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

It seemed hinted that it was wear and tear. As a Blazer fan, it reminded me of hearing about Brandon Roy's knees due to the no cartilage. Having no cartilage left in your knee is not from a sudden injury.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 12:30 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I took it as wear-and-tear, like an athlete who has had a long and brutal career.

He also have a gimpy shoulder and elbow from what the doctor said, iirc.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 12:39 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

Yeah cool , he also got a robotic knee brace etc???

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 01:44 AM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

He did take that fall that killed Harvey.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 06:41 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Yes, but ONE FALL doesn't explain the lose of cartilage in his knees.

Nor does it explain why a multi-millionaire has to live 8 years of his life in pain & not get the best surgeons in the world to operate on him.

OR there's still the contradictory fact that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: If Batman retired straight after Harvey's death as TDKR suggests, then where & when actually did Bruce get so severely injured? We did, after all see him run away at the end of TDK.

Last edited by Esau Cairn on Jul 31st, 2012 at 07:36 AM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 07:32 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair

I thought that for a second when watching the movie, but it seemed more wear and tear based on what the doc said, the nature of the injuries, and the fact that Batman didn't appear to have injured his knee at the end of TDK. A sudden injury that makes him limp for 8 years would have been noticeable when he stood up before driving off on the Batpod.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 07:39 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Bruce got listed a bunch of injuries that he had from the doctor, it was all from his batman days, there are some injuries that he sustained that he'd never heal from or would eventually later come back to bite him in the ass a.k.a his knee, as for the knee brace he's batman he probably made it himself

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 12:25 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gracifi
Termyka

I quite agree with Robtard

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 06:28 AM
Gracifi is currently offline Click here to Send Gracifi a Private Message Find more posts by Gracifi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote