KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie series you have completely sat out

Movie series you have completely sat out
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Movie series you have completely sat out

Have there been any film series you haven't sat through at all - even a single film?

To date, series I haven't looked at for any real length of time (watching bits & pieces of the films on TV doesn't count):

Austin Powers
Blade
Madagascar
Twilight
Underworld

Anyone else?

(I think to qualify, it's a minimum of two films to say it's a series.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 04:52 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Underworld, even Kate Beckinsale couldn't sell that shit to me.
Twilight, Underworld for the stupid, with an uglier cast (well, aside from Ashley Green).

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 05:07 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Madagascar
Chronicles of Narnia
Ice Age
The Bourne Films
Hostel
Mimic
Superman (I don't think I've ever seen a Superman movie)
Ong-Bak
Transformers
National Lampoons

Superman is a stupid character to me (even though I did used to watch the TV show, but that was just for Terri Hatcher.. heh). Even though I've seen the 2nd Transformers, I still consider myself sitting them out, because I was drunk when I saw it, and I'll probably see the third one at some point too, just to laugh at it. Though I have seen some of the first Ice Age. It was a long time before I saw LOTR and Harry Potter, but I've now seen all of those. The Pusher trilogy is a good little indie film series. I recommend them. You guys really should see the Underworld films. They're fun genre escapism.

I haven't seen the sequels to...

From Dusk til Dawn
Saw
Poltergeist
The Prophecy (still need to see the 3rd, probably won't bother with the 4th and 5th)

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 06:30 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I'm gonna lift a lotta eye brows with this one but I missed out the God Father, I could easily watch it but I've seen clips and so on and I heard it's the bestest movies ever but it just doesn't interest me in the slightest. I don't want to watch it.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 09:28 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Superman is a stupid character to me
You're stupid.

Indiana Jones comes to mind.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 12:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Rocky
Twilight
Godfather

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 04:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by janus77
Underworld, even Kate Beckinsale couldn't sell that shit to me.
Twilight, Underworld for the stupid, with an uglier cast (well, aside from Ashley Green).
You should watch Underworld, at least the first.
Madagascar
Chronicles of Narnia
Ice Age
The Bourne Films
Hostel
Mimic
Ong-Bak
Transformers
National Lampoons

Superman is a stupid character to me (even though I did used to watch the TV show, but that was just for Terri Hatcher.. heh). Even though I've seen the 2nd Transformers, I still consider myself sitting them out, because I was drunk when I saw it, and I'll probably see the third one at some point too, just to laugh at it. Though I have seen some of the first Ice Age. It was a long time before I saw LOTR and Harry Potter, but I've now seen all of those. The Pusher trilogy is a good little indie film series. I recommend them. You guys really should see the Underworld films. They're fun genre escapism.

I haven't seen the sequels to...

From Dusk til Dawn
Saw
Poltergeist
The Prophecy (still need to see the 3rd, probably won't bother with the 4th and 5th)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Rocky
Twilight
Godfather
Both of you make me sick.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 04:38 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Originally posted by steverules_2
I'm gonna lift a lotta eye brows with this one but I missed out the God Father, I could easily watch it but I've seen clips and so on and I heard it's the bestest movies ever but it just doesn't interest me in the slightest. I don't want to watch it.

Ive seen it as well, I think its a great story of how a simple man can come into power, I however wasn't amazed by its glory. Would I watch it again prob not, nor download. It has more to do with gangster films, Film noir..

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 04:45 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

The only 2 films I couldn't sit through "in cinema" were-

-Meet the Spartans.
-Max Payne.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 04:45 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Mindset
Both of you make me sick.

No....i've got taste.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 04:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Ah yes, so many horror film series. Thanks for reminding me.

Hostel, Saw & Leprechaun all go on my list.

There have been so many Nightmare On Elm Street movies; hard to believe I've only seen one.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 04:54 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by roughrider
Ah yes, so many horror film series. Thanks for reminding me.

Hostel, Saw & Leprechaun all go on my list.

There have been so many Nightmare On Elm Street movies; hard to believe I've only seen one.

Yeah, i've only seen the first Nightmare on Elm, too. It was good.

Ah, how could i have forgotten: Human Centipede. I'll probably permanently sit those out.. lol

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 06:08 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Kazenji
No....i've got taste.
Godfather and Rocky are considered two of the best movies made in the last 50 years.

OK KAZ!

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 06:17 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, you people not seeing the Godfather films are crazy. I guess that's what I get for signing on to a forum with nothing but comicbook nerds. If there's not a person in a goofy costume, then it ain't worth seein'... lol

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fast & the Furious. I haven't seen but a little of one of them (don't even know which one it was)..

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 06:27 AM
Ascendancy

Madagascar
Chronicles of Narnia
Ice Age
The Bourne Films
Hostel
Mimic
Ong-Bak
Transformers
National Lampoons

Can't believe you haven't at least seen the first Bourne or Ong-Bak. They're definitely worth the time.

The rest, I can take or leave, though Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is hilarity.

I myself haven't seen Hunger Games, or any Twilight since parts of the first one, nor the newest Transformers. Wish I hadn't seen the second. Those are the only well-known releases that come to mind.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 07:18 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Mindset
Godfather and Rocky are considered two of the best movies made in the last 50 years.

OK KAZ!

I've tried to watching Godfather and its not my sort of movie and as for Rocky not even interested in those

[B]Yeah, you people not seeing the Godfather films are crazy. I guess that's what I get for signing on to a forum with nothing but comicbook nerds. If there's not a person in a goofy costume, then it ain't worth seein'... lol

roll eyes (sarcastic)
/B]

Well sorry if the Godfather movie's aren't my kind of movies.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 07:40 AM
Scythe
The Goat

The parody movie. (Meet the Spartans, Scary Movie franchise, that shit)

The Saw movies.

Final Destination movies.

My Ladeh and I sat through one Twilight, we both looked at eachother 15 through it and asked eachother what the f*ck we were watching.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 07:50 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Scythe
My Ladeh and I sat through one Twilight, we both looked at eachother 15 through it and asked eachother what the f*ck we were watching.

Crap would be the answer to that question

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 08:38 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by NemeBro
You're stupid.

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by NemeBro
Indiana Jones comes to mind.

Your loss, Bro. You're missing out on some great entertainment. wink (don't bother with #4, though)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 11:44 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by steverules_2
Crap would be the answer to that question

Pretty much. Really don't see it's appeal.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 11:57 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote