KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Lone Ranger (2013)

The Lone Ranger (2013)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Lone Ranger (2013)

Surprised one hasn't been made for this and yes i did a search, If there is one the search function fails yet again....

Gore Verbinksi's The Lone Ranger

Tonto (Johnny Depp)
John Reid (Armie Hammer)

(please log in to view the image)

New Stills

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 08:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

please no

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 09:06 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
please no

I'm guessing that's towards Depp and the crow on his head.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 02:00 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

might pass on this, but will wait for the teaser trailer

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 07:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Johnny Depp looks funny as an indian.

Hey how are you hey how are you...lol

this movie is racist to real indians.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 08:11 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

He based his character off of a real tribe - I've forgotton which. He's actually making a 3-D character, with a life and you know, a brain. I'll give you that the original Tonto's depiction was racist - he spoke in pidgin English and was always loyal and faithful to his "friend," the Lone Ranger.

Just think about it. Would Johnny Depp sign up for this particular role if he read the script and Tonto hadn't been updated?

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 09:19 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This looks terrible and J. Depp has been on a steady decline to shitsville for some time now with the odd okay role here and there. Maybe this is what happens when you move to France for edgynesses sake and then later become and honorary American Indian.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 11:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by rudester
Johnny Depp looks funny as an indian.

Hey how are you hey how are you...lol

this movie is racist to real indians.

You idiot........(please log in to view the image)

Depp has Native American in him and as for him a racist he was an honorary member of the Comanche tribe during the filming of this movie.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 01:54 AM
speedt
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Lone Ranger (2013) is an action movie and it will released in 2013.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 05:16 AM
speedt is currently offline Click here to Send speedt a Private Message Find more posts by speedt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

John Carter flopped because it went over budget.
The same's happening with this...why can't Disney learn its lesson?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 05:27 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I also heard last month a crew member died on set

http://au.eonline.com/news/347838/l...on-set-drowning

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 07:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 02:54 PM
rudester
Tommy

Originally posted by Kazenji

Depp has Native American in him and as for him a racist he was an honorary member of the Comanche tribe during the filming of this movie.

am I suppose to know the heritage of every actor? No! So no! Come to think of it he does have native strong bum cheeks.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 12:38 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just watched the trailer, i will pass

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 03:36 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Why is the Lone Ranger the sidekick?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 04:18 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Myth

He won't be a sidekick from what i've read about this movie

Originally posted by rudester
am I suppose to know the heritage of every actor? No! So no! Come to think of it he does have native strong bum cheeks.

and your the dope that went and said "this movie is racist to real
indians."

seen some places saying the way Depp is talking for his Tonto role is racist, I'm no Native American expert but i don't they spoke fluent english back then.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 08:04 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Native American is about 1/7 of his heritage background. I'm of the same opinion that they just wanted a big name - it's a star vehicle for Depp - instead of getting someone who's at least close to being a full blooded Indian.

Just look at the poster - it's called The Lone Ranger, and Depp is credited over Armie Hammer. It's going to be all Tonto all the time; Jack Sparrow in the old west.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Last edited by roughrider on Oct 4th, 2012 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 03:54 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by roughrider
Just look at the poster - it's called The Lone Ranger, and Depp is credited over Armie Hammer. It's going to be all Tonto all the time; Jack Sparrow in the old west.

My name is CAPTAIN Tonto. Savvy?

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 04:29 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Myth

depp is the name star which the studio will make sure he is in just about every scene

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 05:40 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

His Native American ancestry in unconfirmed and "guesses" he has some in him, like many white Americans like to claim, "I'm 1/64th Cherokee", cos it's edgy.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0012381.html

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 4th, 2012 at 05:48 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 05:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote