KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The better Dark Knight villain: Bane or Joker?

Who was the better villain?
This poll is closed.
Bane 8 21.62%
The Joker 29 78.38%
Total: 37 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The better Dark Knight villain: Bane or Joker?
Started by: ditto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ditto
I'm your huckleberry

The better Dark Knight villain? Bane? The Joker?

Who was the better Dark Knight villain?
Bane? The Joker?
Why?

SUPPORT MY TROOPS! Plz \(^_^)/

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 06:41 PM
ditto is currently offline Click here to Send ditto a Private Message Find more posts by ditto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Bane.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 07:06 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ledger's Joker is in the top 5 movie villains of all time imo. He's utterly hypnotic whenever he's on screen.

Bane? Not so much.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 07:09 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

At least you can understand the Joker

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 07:21 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Imagine Bane and Batman having a good 5 minute conversation. The theatre would be in hysterics.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 07:28 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Joker.

Bane was a throwaway villain. Even his death was non spectacular.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 07:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

I thought Ra's al Ghul was a better villain than Bane.

Joker wins.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 07:51 PM
-kV- is currently offline Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

both.. The Joker was great for The Dark Knight.. and Bane was a fitting end to the trilogy

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 08:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ledger's Joker is in the top 5 movie villains of all time imo. He's utterly hypnotic whenever he's on screen.

Bane? Not so much.
Exaggerated greatly. Joker was a villain Batman easily bested not so much with bane. Bane broke him.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 08:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

bane was the sh!t up to the big reveal.. after that, not so much.. i would have loved to see heath's joker in tdkr..

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 09:15 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Robtard
Joker.

Bane was a throwaway villain. Even his death was non spectacular.

Eh. I thought Bane was pretty good as a villain. The problem is that he's only used as a plot device. After Bane breaks Batman's back, nobody knows what to do with him.

I like TDK Joker more, but it's apples and oranges at the end of the day. Comparing Joker and Bane is like comparing Tyler Durden and Darth Vader. How can you?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 01:28 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by quanchi112
Exaggerated greatly. Joker was a villain Batman easily bested not so much with bane. Bane broke him.

Banes whole plan was shit and required that the retards of Gotham ignore that he's threatening them with a nuke and will see him as a liberator. While he's holding them captive.

duuuuuuuurrrrrrrr

Whereas Jokers ideological battle with Batman was fascinating and genius.

Plus Batman and Gordan were psychologically scarred for 8 freaking years because of the Joker. Batman overcame Bane in 3 months, tops.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 01:36 AM
Arachnid1

Banes whole plan was shit and required that the retards of Gotham ignore that he's threatening them with a nuke and will see him as a liberator. While he's holding them captive.

duuuuuuuurrrrrrrr

Plus Batman and Gordan were psychologically scarred for 8 freaking years because of the Joker. Batman overcame Bane in 3 months, tops.
Not to mention Batman didn't easily overcome Joker. People seem to forget that Joker won at the end of the movie. Batman only barely stopped him by making the entire lie about Dent which stopped the city from falling into shit.

Joker was a much better villain than Bane. Ras was a better villain than Bane. Scarecrow was more enjoyable than Bane, and nearly killed Batman in his first encounter too, as did Joker and Ras (when he came back as a villain anyway). Bane wasn't the first one to best Batman. The only villain Bane outdid in those movies was Two Face, who got the shaft. He had great backstory and was set up perfectly, but they got rid of him within minutes. They should have saved Two Face for the third movie.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 01:47 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Joker was better written, better played and better portrayed. Not that Bane was bad, Joker was just that good.

That said, I still enjoyed Bane more.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 01:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

duuuuuuuurrrrrrrr

Who cares ? Joker was easily dealt with. Bane beat the crap out of the Batman. Bane was the end game villain whereas Joker was just intermission.

Bane took over the city. Joker was nowhere near him in terms of being the end boss.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 06:40 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Plus Batman and Gordan were psychologically scarred for 8 freaking years because of the Joker. [/B]

You mean Two-Face.
The Joker gets no mention whatsoever in TDKR & the movie begins with both the legacy & lie of Harvey Dent.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 06:42 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Bane was a henchman-***** for Talia, and in the end got his ass kicked by a couple of haymakers to the face after Bruce had a ****ing Rocky training montage.

Bane was crap, and everything about him besides his body language was a disappointment.

Joker by a mile.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 07:07 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I thought Bane was the more intimidating villain. Bigger threat to Batman and had major screen presence. Every single dialogue he uttered was gold.

With that said, Ledger gave a better performance. I thought they were more or less equal but I'm sure Joker will be remembered more.

Both were easily two of the biggest movie villains of the decade and the best of 2008 and 2012, respectively.

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jan 8th, 2013 at 09:05 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 09:01 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Was every single dialogue that he uttered gold in the sense that it was comedic gold?

His muppet voice made sure of that, for me.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 09:05 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

His dialogue was every bit as good as Joker's when you consider his character. He had more menace than Joker.

"Search him, then I will kill you."

"Follow him!"

"Do you feel in charge?"

"I'm on your schedule Captain."

All his lines were sick.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 09:08 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote