KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » DR WHO: The Series & Movies

DR WHO: The Series & Movies
Started by: GordonSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

DR WHO: The Series & Movies

How many people out here like the Dr Who series and movies? Which is your favorite Doctor and story?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:04 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Peter Davison was one of my favorites.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:20 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I still haven't seen it....

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:22 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Never you have too watch it.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:24 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

perhaps one day, but I doubt that it will be soon

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:25 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Tom Baker is my favorite. I watched "Genesis of the Daleks" today. A great classic involving The Doctor's arch adversaries the Daleks and their mad creator Davros.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:32 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

What was the episode where they meet King John and he was an imposter...damn I forgot.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:34 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

"The King's Demons" , a Peter Davison story involving a false King John and the Doctor's other main adversary The Master. That one is a true classic and lots of fun to watch.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:37 AM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

That the one one of my favorites."the Time Monster" wasn't that bad.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:40 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

"The Time Monster" was an early seventies story which also featured The Master(in an earlier regeneration). It also had UNIT and the flamboyant presence of the late great Jon Pertwee- the earthbound Doctor.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:49 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Fun Factoid #1: Peter Davsion was the youngest actor to play The Doctor in this series about a renegade time-traveller on the run from his own people.He is considered the last great Doctor from the series broadcast in the eighties, originally.He spent three full years on the programme and had the dubious task of replacing the previous incumbent(and my favorite) Tom Baker.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 03:00 AM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Revenge of the Cyberman to me Rocked.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 03:09 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmm, Revenge always seemed a bit limp to me. Coming just after Genesis it doesn't look very good in comparison.

Peter Davison is my favourtie Doctor and Caves of Androzani my favourite story. I have a smeaking suspicion Patrick Troughton would have been my favourite if they had had better production values in those days; his performance in the Three, Five and Two Doctors was wonderful. And I have always had a sneaking regard for the mammoth story "The War Games" even though it was blatantly five episodes too long.

If this thread is primarily going to be about the series then I really should move it to the GDF... in fact I shall do so now because frankly the movies don't get much attention in comparison...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 17th, 2003 at 05:29 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 11:59 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes the spinoff movies never did as good as the series from which they sprang. Although the series started in 1963 and lasted in first-run production until 1989, there were seven actors in the lead role. Of these, Peter Davison had the hardest job of all- replacing the legendary Tom Baker at a point when a new production crew were coming onto the series. Earthshock and Caves of Andrazani are two of his stories most people remember. I personally like The King's Demons and The Awakening.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:04 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

I don't really have a favorite episode, but Tom Baker was my favorite doctor.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 08:23 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Revenge of the Cybermen is a great story. In his later adventures I really like The Sunmakers and Destiny of the Daleks. For me the 70s are the Golden Age of Dr Who.

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Apr 17th, 2003 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 08:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is odd that Revenge was voted into being the first video release of Dr. Who, considering the general panning it gets by fans. As a story it has never scored highly in any official 'Best Story' poll (something that Genesis regularly wins)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 08:45 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes I know. Isn't that weird? I would have thought they would have gone with a more popular tale like The Robots of Death or The Five Doctors. Go figure.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 08:48 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Since it DID come out, though, The Five Doctors has had more video releases than I can comfortably handle. It is almost as bad as Star Wars.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 08:51 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes! The original version(1985) the DVD, the Special Edition, and the one boxed with The King's Demons to name just a few of them!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 08:56 PM