KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Poltergeist (2015)

Poltergeist (2015)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Poltergeist Reboot/Sequel

Yeah it was reported during the week MGM was going to do a remake

Moviehole is reporting that this movies a sequel, NOT a reboot, something like the Kenan-directed Raimi-produced reboot – much like the “Evil Dead” remake – exists in the same world as the previous

quote:
From Bloody Disgusting the plot of the new film as such: [T]he new version follows Eric Bowen and his family who, after he loses his job, relocate to a new town to start anew. His daughter, Madison, is abducted, making him truly understand what’s important in life: family. In the new version, Eric’s wife, Amy, can communicate with the dead.

Another interesting new character is Carrigan Burke, a television personality who hosts “Haunted House Cleaners.”? The supernatural doesn’t scare this guy. Dr. Brooke Powell is Carrigan’s ex-wife who is a parapsychologist at a local university.Her team investigates the supernatural events surrounding the disappearance of the Bowen girl.

Old Post May 24th, 2013 07:39 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Man, Poltergeist scared the hell outta me as a kid & to this day I refuse to watch it again.
No matter how tacky the special effects are, I simply can't bring myself to watch it.

Furniture moving on their own.
F that!

Old Post May 24th, 2013 07:47 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

This sounds awesome. Always a huge fan of the first few. Clown was really scary when you're like 5.

Old Post May 24th, 2013 12:53 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

unless a good cast, won't be seeing

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 24th, 2013 09:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
unless a good cast, won't be seeing
Why not ?

Old Post May 25th, 2013 02:23 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by quanchi112
Why not ?

loved the original.. but i want a good cast and not a cast filled with people who can't act

Old Post May 25th, 2013 03:43 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
loved the original.. but i want a good cast and not a cast filled with people who can't act
Loved the original too. I love the Evil Dead manner in which its just happening to other people in the same time period.

Old Post May 25th, 2013 04:29 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Anyone seen the sequels?

Old Post May 25th, 2013 04:34 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I have..

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 25th, 2013 08:28 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Any good?

Old Post May 25th, 2013 08:30 AM
steverules_2

Uhm, they're...okay I guess but obviously the first movie was better. Reviews of them are really negative. I haven't seen them in ages but I remember being confused by the ending of the 3rd cause it made no sense at all, think it was cliffhanger ending. And Kane's return is just one of the most stupid explanations. Anyway if we're getting a sequel I guess it means it was a cliffhanger ending maybe.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 25th, 2013 08:42 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

just like the karate kung fu kid. there is absolutely no reason to remake this movie. just use the structure to tell your OWN goddamn story. is it really that hard? is it?

Old Post May 25th, 2013 06:03 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Loved the original too. I love the Evil Dead manner in which its just happening to other people in the same time period.

yep

Originally posted by Kazenji
Anyone seen the sequels?

the second one was pretty good then they went downwill

Old Post May 25th, 2013 08:09 PM
steverules_2

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
just like the karate kung fu kid. there is absolutely no reason to remake this movie. just use the structure to tell your OWN goddamn story. is it really that hard? is it?

It's a sequel...isn't it? confused

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 25th, 2013 09:30 PM
quanchi112
Disney

2nd one was good but third completely fell apart. Actor who played bad guy in part 2 passed away but was awesome in that film.

Old Post May 26th, 2013 02:20 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by steverules_2
It's a sequel...isn't it? confused

Clearly Jinxed didn't read properly.

Old Post May 26th, 2013 03:08 AM
steverules_2

I guess not

2nd one was good but third completely fell apart. Actor who played bad guy in part 2 passed away but was awesome in that film.

Well in the 3rd one the girl who played Carrie Anne died so they had to replace her with someone else and just do shots of the back her head since pretty much all the movie was done and the actor who played Kane for the 2nd film was diagnosed with cancer before he took on the role

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 26th, 2013 08:19 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by steverules_2
I guess not

Well in the 3rd one the girl who played Carrie Anne died so they had to replace her with someone else and just do shots of the back her head since pretty much all the movie was done and the actor who played Kane for the 2nd film was diagnosed with cancer before he took on the role
I know. Heather o Rourkes face was bloated entire movie. Sad.

Old Post May 27th, 2013 02:15 AM
siriuswriter

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Man, Poltergeist scared the hell outta me as a kid & to this day I refuse to watch it again.
No matter how tacky the special effects are, I simply can't bring myself to watch it.

Furniture moving on their own.
F that!

This is exactly how I feel. My parents were watching it, and I was trying to sneak a look. Yah.... didn't work out so well. But I made myself watch it "when I grew up" except for one scene which still makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post May 27th, 2013 07:12 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by siriuswriter
This is exactly how I feel. My parents were watching it, and I was trying to sneak a look. Yah.... didn't work out so well. But I made myself watch it "when I grew up" except for one scene which still makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

Which scene?
The clown didn't bother me too much because you knew it was there to scare you in some way.
The dead bodies in the pool was just gory, from a kid's point of view.

I just couldn't get over how the mom & kids thought the furniture moving was cool, especially the kid flying across the kitchen floor was considered "fun" with no logical explanation at all.

Old Post May 28th, 2013 05:54 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote