KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Creed (Rocky 7)

Creed (Rocky 7)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Creed (Rocky 7)

quote:
On July 24, 2013, it was announced that MGM has offered Fruitvale Station director Ryan Coogler to direct a spinoff of Rocky. The film will focus on a man following in the footsteps of his grandfather, Apollo Creed, and getting a mentor in the now-retired Rocky Balboa. Michael B. Jordan has been offered the role of Creed's grandson, and Stallone will reprise his character of Rocky, in a script co-written by Coogler and Aaron Covington.

Real or fake? This was taken from wikipedia

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 12:12 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Christ, I hope this is fake.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 12:14 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'm pretty sure it's real. Rocky's supposed to be retired and not wanting to get back into the world of boxing. And once convinced, he's gonna be in a role like Mickey.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 12:34 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

It was already being discussed on another message board about a month ago.
Apparently it's some guy by the name of Michael B. Jordan playing Creed's grandson.

I can't wait for the training montage....
Young Creed will be running through the streets of Philly with "Fly High Now" blazing away....then the cop cars surround him.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 01:49 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Michael B. Jordan was Steve on Chronicle, he's the star of Fruitvale Station, and he's been in stuff like Friday Night Lights. He's a pretty good actor.

Apollo Creed made a ton of money boxing, and his family is wealthy after his death. His grandson doesn't need to box, but he wants to, and he finds Rocky who was Apollo's best friend and wants him to train him.

I think another Rocky movie can be good if he's not the titular character and has more of a supporting role.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 02:04 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

This is real news, saw the article over at screenrant a couple of days ago. I dont expect it to suck as hard as Rocky 5 did.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 02:26 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this sounds like total shit, i will miss this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 03:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is online now! Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

didn't they already do this in rocky 5 ? lol

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 03:49 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Funny how the storyline can easily be changed into Rambo seeking a protege...

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 04:19 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

How is he seeking a protege when he has to essentially be begged to get back in the game?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 05:54 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
How is he seeking a protege when he has to essentially be begged to get back in the game?

A training montage with inspiring music will make the audience believe in anything.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 08:54 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think they should do a Rocky movie where Rocky has severe boxing related Parkinson's while trying to do motivational speaking but no one is showing up except 1 young kid so Rocky molests him and then kills himself out of guilt by hanging himself from his own statue. Turns out the kid is Mickey's great grandson. He gets a severe heroin addiction to block the memory of Rocky's thick beefy hands all over his young nut sack and peen. He also dies.

The end.

Much more uplifting I think.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 12:30 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Originally posted by jaden101
I think they should do a Rocky movie where Rocky has severe boxing related Parkinson's while trying to do motivational speaking but no one is showing up except 1 young kid so Rocky molests him and then kills himself out of guilt by hanging himself from his own statue. Turns out the kid is Mickey's great grandson. He gets a severe heroin addiction to block the memory of Rocky's thick beefy hands all over his young nut sack and peen. He also dies.

The end.

Much more uplifting I think.

I can't really see that winning any academy awards. laughing

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 03:42 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I can

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 27th, 2013 02:16 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I don't know, what was that movie with Hugh Jackman? The one where boxing was replaced with robots? I think it'd be cool if they fused those two movies together. the year 2020 after Robots have replaced the Sport and taken away everything pure...,Rocky returns to save the sport and answers the question of whether or not man is stronger than machine.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2013 12:43 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

You mean Real Steel?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 28th, 2013 09:47 AM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I don't know, what was that movie with Hugh Jackman? The one where boxing was replaced with robots? I think it'd be cool if they fused those two movies together. the year 2020 after Robots have replaced the Sport and taken away everything pure...,Rocky returns to save the sport and answers the question of whether or not man is stronger than machine.

They already did something like that in a twilight zone episode a while back. Don't try to outbox a boxing machine, lol.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2013 02:06 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

mmm not sure to think of another Rocky movie. yes Rocky balboa (6) was a step forwards after the shocking rocky5. But Sly just seems to be digging to the past with the rocky and rambo movies.

Yes Expendables was something different but yet again its being milked. Bulet to the head was bullshit also.

I will watch this rocky movie if it is made, but if it continues this way we are looking at an actualy Rocky 35 movie poster as seen in one of the airplane movies!

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2013 02:48 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Kinda like the Jaws sequels in BTTF

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 08:53 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Why can't Balboa become the trainer to a new upstart?

He learnt his lesson before, why can't his character train a young hopeful in a sequel?

I think it's a great idea.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 07:39 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote