KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Terminator: Genysis

Terminator: Genysis
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Terminator (2015)

Another reboot

quote:
A fifth film in the series, called Terminator is planned for release in 2015. The film, which would again feature Arnold Schwarzenegger (who was absent in the previous installment in the series) would serve as a reboot to the series.

I'm waiting for kaz to come in and tell me he's made a thread about this...

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 11:56 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 12:36 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

what the **** lestov

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 12:54 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

It's from the RLM Indiana Jones review. Their reviews of the Star Wars prequels are legendary.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 01:00 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Excited about more Terminator flicks.

Not excited Arnold is involved.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 04:05 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not excited one bit especially with arnold involved.. maybe he will be killed off at the end then the sequel will see a brand new much better terminator moving forward

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 04:16 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Terminator (2015)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2

I'm waiting for kaz to come in and tell me he's made a thread about this...

Nope i haven't

also i know Alan Taylor (Thor: Dark World & Game Of Thrones) will be doing it and Arnold will be back

http://screenrant.com/terminator-5-...or-alan-taylor/

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 05:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

With no story to be told or characters to be developed I look forward to this movie much in the same way that I look forward to watching movies like the expendables or, Michael bay movies...,for action. Not necessarily good action, but expensive action. This series was over with T-2 and terminator 3 proved that there was nothing left of this story to tell. Anyone that is genuinely looking forward to this movie needs to increase their psych meds and then walk into a burning building and think about why another terminator movie is a bad idea.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 07:35 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Oh rly?....no story to be told or characters to be developed.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 07:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I liked the reason for the T3, they stopped Judgement day in T2 but oh no they didn't because it still happens anyway and they just prolonged it

I think if they'd gone with the alternate ending of T2 which actually gave us a real ending to say 'yeah no more' then right now the terminator franchise would be safe knowing they made 2 amazing terminator films

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 08:26 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Would've liked to have seen what James Cameron had planned for T3, Stupid film studio not giving him the greenlight over the budget.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 08:35 AM
steverules_2

If he'd been part of it then it would've had some hope

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 09:05 AM
erik.dansereau
Restricted

Account Restricted

They should have stopped at 2 but I do love me some terminator. hopefully Arnold is relegated to a cameo or bit role

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 10:17 AM
erik.dansereau is currently offline Click here to Send erik.dansereau a Private Message Find more posts by erik.dansereau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Terminator 1 and 2 were obviously masterpieces. I enjoyed T3 but disliked how it retconned T2. Salvation was very underwhelming compared to the previous 3. I was hoping that Cameron was involved, and it would be exciting like T2 (although based on Avatar, it's questionable whether T5 would have been good even if he was involved), but if we're just going to get some more underwhelming popcorn shlock like Salvation, I may just skip this entirely.

Hell, where can they even go with it? We've followed John Connor's life right up to Judgement Day, so it's not like Skynet can send another terminator back for him. We've seen after the fall, we've seen the events that led up to the first film, and we've seen how Connor's life came full circle. The story is over, unless they are going to focus on humanity winning the war, and IMO, that sounds boring, especially after Salvation. As stated, since we've seen JD, there can't be anymore time-travelling robots. So where to go? You can't add more to something that is complete.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 10:57 AM
steverules_2

Guess we're just gonna go right back to the start...cause thats what you do with a popular film series when you run out of idea's...you reboot

The thing I liked about Terminator was that it was a low budget movie that was amazingly epic, they had a stop motion terminator which was awesome as well and then T2 came a long and was even more epic big grin Then T3...

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 11:37 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Would've liked it if they continued on from the events with Salvation with the various battles with Skynet's forces.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 12:16 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Kazenji
Oh rly?....no story to be told or characters to be developed.

After seeing what they did with T3 and T4, no. They had two chances to tell the story that we already know is going to happen...,the war between machine and man. They squandered this opportunity with an essential remake of T2 in terminator 3 and again in, Salvation. Theres certainly potential for a good story to still be told in this universe but if I expect to see a cure for cancer before that happens. This doesn't mean I wont go see it for some good mindless action, although going from what little action we saw in the last one i'm skeptical of even seeing that.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 07:35 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Kazenji
Would've liked it if they continued on from the events with Salvation with the various battles with Skynet's forces.

I think they were but I think they had problems or something

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 08:31 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I could still happen

the last thing i read about the story before Alan Taylor came onboard was, It was dealing with skynet first attempts at how to send non-Infiltrator Terminators and other machines through the Time machine

depends what they're keeping.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 06:16 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Catchy title.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 08:12 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote