KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pacific Rim: Uprising

Pacific Rim: Uprising
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Pacific Rim 2 (2017)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06...d-series-coming

Yes! The first one was amazing! I'm looking forward to this. I thought they would get more creative with the name though. Atlantic Rim would have sufficed.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 12:26 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

It shouldn't be bad, at all. Should be, at the very worst, mindless action fun. smile

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 12:27 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Hopefully, I get casted as the leading male.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 12:28 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
It shouldn't be bad, at all. Should be, at the very worst, mindset action fun. smile
Ftfy.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 12:28 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Thank goodness. It would be a crime for a sequel to go unmade.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 12:42 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Hopefully it has better characters in it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 01:37 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Yessss! Loved the first movie, and Jax Teller will be back!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 02:40 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i'm interested in seeing this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 03:45 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Has Del Toro still got Zak Penn set to write the script?

yeah he has.....get rid of him first.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 27th, 2014 at 05:23 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 05:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Has Del Toro still got Zak Penn set to write the script?

yeah he has.....get rid of him first.

thumb up

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 09:55 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Can't wait, so glad a sequel is getting done. I know a script was being written before it had even been greenlit for one. Sucks we gotta wait about 3 years for it.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 11:20 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Pacific Rim was a great popcorn action flick.

I wanna see bigger Kaiju and some Megazord Jaeger combo action!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 12:41 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 01:59 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I can't wait. Going to be definitely watching the animated series. Penn better not phuck this up.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 02:07 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I still need to check out that Pacific Rim: Year Zero, Suppose to be a good read from what someone said on here.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 02:15 PM
K-Dog

Saw the first one in a hotel room on a business trip, lol. It was worth watching, but a little lame on acting and concepts I thought--a combo between Godzilla and some Japanese anime concept or something....not in a big hurry to watch another one. However, I do agree with some above comments--good action, a good popcorn flick, etc.

Why didn't they just park some Navy destroyers by the entrance and use rail guns or big missles, lol? Nope, gotta use giant robots warz! Lol, I loved how no matter how far the robots walked out into the ocean, they were never above their waist in water, usually their knees, hehe. They would puff their chests out and shoot missles from their pecs! Why not use missles from a ship or submarine?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 04:28 PM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

They stated in the film that usually missiles and such bounce off the breach. That's why they were going to use a megaton bomb, they were hoping it would be powerful enough to penetrate it. That's also why they needed Kaiju genome to enter the breach.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 04:41 PM
K-Dog

Yeah, I was thinking navy missiles on the monsters themselves.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 04:53 PM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

So turning the planet into a nuclear wasteland is a good alternative? A megaton bomb didn't put one down. Cities would annihilated just trying to kill a single one.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 04:58 PM
K-Dog

Which begs the questions how could punches from a big robot and non-nuke missiles from a big robot take them down?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2014 05:56 PM