KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Toy Story 4

Toy Story 4
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Toy Story 4

Because apparently the 3rd one wasn't enough an ending to the series.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ement/18612883/

Well, hope it'll be decent and heartwarming.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 06:12 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

How the he-?! They've got some big ass shoes to fill. The 3rd closed the chapter with feels and...... well, closure. A 4th one seems like a money grab, but I still wanna see what they do with this.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 12:11 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

As long as John Lasseter is involved, I have full trust the movie isn't a cash grab. Lasseter is legit.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 12:37 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Is this some kind of sick joke? It has to be a prequel. No way can they continue after 3.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:55 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Toy story 4 (2019)

quote:
On November 6, 2014, Toy Story 4 was officially announced by Disney during an investors' call, with a provisional release date of June 16, 2017. The film was to be directed by John Lasseter and produced by Galyn Susman, with a screenplay by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack from a story by Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter and Lee Unkrich. Lasseter told Variety: "Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz's story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself." In March 2015, Pixar president Jim Morris stated that the film would be a stand-alone sequel rather than a continuation of the third film. The same month, Variety revealed that Josh Cooley, the head of story on Pixar's Inside Out, would co-direct Toy Story 4. Around the same time, Lasseter revealed that the fourth film had been such a closely held secret at Pixar that even Morris and Edwin Catmull (president of both Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios, to whom Morris reports) did not know it was being discussed until Stanton had already finished a polished treatment.
In August 2015, at the D23 Expo, Lasseter stated that the film would focus on the romance between Woody and Bo Peep, building on Bo Peep's absence from Toy Story 3, with Woody and Buzz trying to find her and bring her home. It was also announced that Randy Newman would return to compose the soundtrack. The same month, Kristen Schaal confirmed that her character Trixie would return. It was also announced that Don Rickles would reprise his role of Mr. Potato Head, though on April 6, 2017, it was announced that he had died before he was able to record any lines for the film. In October 2015, Pixar announced that the release date had been pushed back to June 15, 2018. In November 2015, it was announced that Patricia Arquette had been added to the cast. In October 2016, Variety confirmed that the release date had been further delayed until June 21, 2019. In July 2017, at the D23 Expo, Lasseter announced he had stepped down as director due to other commitments, but would stay on board as executive producer while Cooley would be upgraded to director and that Jonas Rivera would replace Galyn Susman as producer. It was also confirmed that Bonnie Hunt would return as Dolly, Jodi Benson as Barbie, and Estelle Harris as Mrs. Potato Head.
On January 18, 2018, it was announced that the film would be written by Stephany Folsom, replacing the original writers, Rashida Jones and Will McCormack, who withdrew from the project in November of 2017.

Looooooot of delays

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 11:37 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 10:43 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Tim Allen has been blacklisted from Lefftyweird because of his HORRIBLE Political and Social Views.

So No more Buzz Lightyear in these movies..

How sad.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 10:49 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)

Well phuck

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 11:09 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

If that actually happens (Buzz Lightyear being outed), then no way will I support Toy Story 4. Nope, nada. Tim will forever be cherished as Buzz... and Santa Claus.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 11:10 PM
Impediment
Endless

A completely unnecessary movie. Toy Story 3 ended perfectly.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 11:18 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I thought 3 was meant to be the last one, Andys grown up and gives his toys to someone else who will enjoy them. But like all successful franchises they just won’t let it end.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 11:30 PM
Flyattractor

I would have thought they were a few past 4 at this point with all the specials.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 11:37 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 10:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
A completely unnecessary movie. Toy Story 3 ended perfectly.

Agreed. This looks like a money-grab.

But since all three were good movies, I will watch the 4th

Fun Fact: In Toy Story 2, Al the Toy Collector's car, the sounds you hear come from a 1964 Cadillac Ddeville I used to own. I spent a few hours with Skywalker Sound with them recording almost every aspect/sound of the car.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 13th, 2018 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 12:57 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 11:03 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Mar 19th, 2019 03:47 PM
ares834

Meh. So it seems Woody is separated from his owner and friends and is trying to get back. Where have I seen this before?

Liking those puppets though.

Last edited by ares834 on Mar 19th, 2019 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2019 03:48 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Anyone seeing this soon? Got my tickets and things arranged in advance which will be seeing with family later today.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 09:27 AM
Flyattractor

this series offically ended for me when we got that Creepy College Age Andy Playing with the Toys.

Da Fuh Was Dat?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 08:01 PM
steverules_2

I've heard in the movie [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Woody comes out as bi-sexual

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 08:11 PM