KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Best Trailers for the Worst Movies

Best Trailers for the Worst Movies
Started by: John Murdoch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
John Murdoch

Best Trailers for the Worst Movies

There have been plenty of times that movie trailers make a turd of a movie look like a masterpiece coming soon to a theater near you.

Name some films that had a movie trailer worthy of The Dark Knight but ended up being closer to Batman & Robin.

My pick:

The Spirit (2008)

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 12:21 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I'd say Batman vs Superman, when I saw that trailer of Batman's glowing eyes and then a cut to Superman's glowing eyes I shit my pants, and then the movie came out...f*ck you Snyder

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 12:33 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man of Steel trailer 3.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 01:49 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
I'd say Batman vs Superman, when I saw that trailer of Batman's glowing eyes and then a cut to Superman's glowing eyes I shit my pants, and then the movie came out...f*ck you Snyder

Even though I'm in the minority with liking the final product of BvS, the 2015 Comic-Con trailer made me envision a movie up there with the best of any genre. Needless to say, it wasn't anywhere near that level.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 02:11 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

The trailer for Star Trek into Darkness looked good but the movie was boring, predictable and a poor mans Star Wars.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 10:29 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Even though I'm in the minority with liking the final product of BvS, the 2015 Comic-Con trailer made me envision a movie up there with the best of any genre. Needless to say, it wasn't anywhere near that level.

The worst part of it is I didn't see the normal one I saw the Ultimate Edition and I still didn't like the film

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 11:27 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Best Trailers for the Worst Movies

Originally posted by John Murdoch
There have been plenty of times that movie trailers make a turd of a movie look like a masterpiece coming soon to a theater near you.

Name some films that had a movie trailer worthy of The Dark Knight but ended up being closer to Batman & Robin.

My pick:

The Spirit (2008)

Batman Begins and The Dark Night Rises.
That whole trilogy was bleh, saved only by (throughout) Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman being their usual superb selves, and (in The Dark Knight) by Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart's villainous portrayals.

The trailers were good, though.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 12:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote