KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Blade Runner 2049

Dennis Villeneuve (Sicario, Prisoners, Arrival) directs.

Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford star.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 01:20 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 02:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I have yet to see any of this guy's movies, but I hear good things.

I'm not a big fan of Blade Runner personally, so I'm pretty 'meh' on this.

How is it that we get a teaser for this before we get a teaser for Alien: Covenant? erm

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 02:58 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this looks good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 03:22 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So does this mean Deckard isn't a replicant?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 03:28 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

First one was meh city but I'll give this a chance.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 03:37 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

how did i not hear anything about this until today?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 07:54 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
how did i not hear anything about this until today?

There's been plenty of news along the way before the teaser trailer dropped.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 08:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indeed. But I got say, the trailer gives me goosebumps.

Denis Villeneuve is a great director. I didn't know him when his name turned up for him to doe Blader Runner. Then I watched Sicario and I thought: this guy is great. So I got all the rest of his movies. He's the first name of potential director's to do the new Blade Runner that made me think he can actually do it.

An this looks good. Looks like they adopted Blade Runner's Theatrical release' idea that Deckard had no limited life span. That was gone from the director's cut(s).

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 08:33 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Kazenji
There's been plenty of news along the way before the teaser trailer dropped.
lol. i had no idea this was in the works.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 09:14 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I don't think Blade Runner is the type of movie that should have a sequel.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 10:02 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

We all did... but now, with Gosling, Villeneuve... I dunno, this might actually work.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 10:47 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know Philip K. Dick's friend did some follow up novels

not sure what they're like.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 11:23 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I wonder if they're going to try to connect this to the new series of Alien films. If they do I hope it doesn't get awkward.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:42 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I doubt it. Villeneuve doesn't strike me as the kind of director that goes for that sort of thing.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:51 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by queeq
I doubt it. Villeneuve doesn't strike me as the kind of director that goes for that sort of thing.

I agree. Same with Ridley Scott. At least I don't think they'd do it too blatantly. But the studio may think otherwise and they are of course the ones financing the things.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:59 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, you're talking about Ridley Scott here... one of the few directors that get final cut. And Denis Villeneuve that only does projects that are up his alley. So if a studio hires these guys, I bet they make some hard conditions.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 01:49 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Very true.

I think the studio really respects Ridley Scott, which is why they wanted him to revive the Alien series.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 01:55 PM
queeq
Chaos

Still don't know if that was a good idea... hehehe

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 02:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember the PC game for Blade Runner, it was pretty cool..I still have it somewhere.

But yeah I feel they should have left the series alone. I liked the movie well enough. Plus it had a great soundtrack.

I wonder if they'll use a version of this in the new movie.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 04:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote