KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Should MCU Iron Man be recast as minority??

Should The MCU be more diverse?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
No Structural racism should exist in the MCU 8 88.89%
Yes Marvel needs more color 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should MCU Iron Man be recast as minority??
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Should MCU Iron Man be recast as minority??

With All new All different Marvel being reflective of today's diverse and multicultural society, should the fad of #MCUsowhite reflect it's comics? Why is Marvel so reluctant to accept diversity in the movies? With Robert Downeys character not being certain of surviving Infinity war, Should Marvel use this chance to reintroduce the character as Riri Williams? Do you feel like Marvel should be more diverse in the films? How do you feel about the blatant Whitewashing of Iron Fist and of characters in Doctor Strange??

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 12:56 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Enough characters have had their ethnic background changed, I'm surprised there are any white characters left, I remember when amazing spiderman nearly had a black Peter Parker

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 01:08 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Enough characters have had their ethnic background changed, I'm surprised there are any white characters left, I remember when amazing spiderman nearly had a black Peter Parker
lol ok, bud.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 01:32 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How the hell have they white washed Iron Fist?....he's suppose to be a white guy.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 02:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Mindset
lol ok, bud.

Go hold your rage

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 03:10 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel isn't reluctant to accept diversity, they're only adapting what's in the comics. Newsflash but most superheroes in marvel comics are white men. The ones that aren't like Black Panther and Captain Marvel are getting their own movies soon.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 03:10 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Who is playing captain marvel?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 03:14 AM
Arachnid1

No. If you want more minority heroes, make them. Stop replaced loved and established characters.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 03:22 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

They should cast someone whiter if anything tbh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 03:33 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

why the frack should Stark be anything other than a white man....

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 03:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'd be okay with female Iron Man. The suit would come with a boob-shaped chest plate. With Schumacher nipples.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 03:35 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

If you wanna see that then look at Peppers Iron man suit from the game, has boobs...if you want nipples on a costume then Joel Schumacher batman is for you

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 03:48 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 03:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

"Should"? Nah, I don't think it should.

Would I especially care if it did happen? Nope.

Also, daily reminder that the hyper-majority of MCU characters are white. The feigned destruction of white male characters is pretty hilarious in its dishonesty.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jan 26th, 2017 at 04:10 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 04:08 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

No.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 05:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

No

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 05:31 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Re: Should MCU Iron Man be recast as minority??

Originally posted by carthage
How do you feel about the blatant Whitewashing of Iron Fist

lol.

Honestly though, I'd be all right with a black/latino/asian Iron Man.

But Tony Stark himself? No, he should be a white guy with a weird goatee.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 05:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Kazenji
How the hell have they white washed Iron Fist?....he's suppose to be a white guy.

Indeed. I don't know if this is some kind of widespread misinformation or what the deal is, but I frequently hear people complain about Iron Fist being cast as a white guy, and I don't know why.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 05:44 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Indeed. I don't know if this is some kind of widespread misinformation or what the deal is, but I frequently hear people complain about Iron Fist being cast as a white guy, and I don't know why.

people were complaining about Doctor Strange too. And not just Ancient One, but Strange himself.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 05:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by -Pr-
people were complaining about Doctor Strange too. And not just Ancient One, but Strange himself.

It's so dumb, if you don't know enough about the character to even know what race he, then why bother complaining about the casting choice?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 05:47 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote