KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Would a Black Panther Trilogy work?

Would an MCU Black Panther Trilogy work?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes it could, they just need to work out details 4 100.00%
No, Disney should focus on other properties 0 0%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Would a Black Panther Trilogy work?
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Would a Black Panther Trilogy work?

The Captain America Trilogy with WS and Civil war being two of the most lauded films in the MCU melded political thriller, brilliantly choreographed action sequences, and great chemistry between Cap and Bucky. With Steve being one of the more developed characters, do you believe that Tchalla is capable of having his character arc divided up into his own respective trilogy? What are some of the moving parts Tchalla would need to make his story work, what potential conflicts as a result of Civil War/Infinity war are potential story arcs, and how much should Wakanda figure into it?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 02:57 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Trust in Feige is all i have to say.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 03:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

As they can build in some of his back story and base it off of events between each of the main movies and on things to come I think it could do very well. The character seems to have been very well received and the actor gave him good dimension. I think it has the potential to be a stand alone trilogy.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 03:20 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

no it won't work...

only cap did..

being silly

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 03:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Unless they get too preachy, yeah it could work.

By preachy i mean like what happened when Avery Brooks spun his character Hawk from 'Spenser for Hire'.
He went from kick ass hired muscle with a code to a black power rhetoric spouter. It was pretty boring.

I'm not planning on watching ANY Black Panther movies, but wanted to weigh in on the movie structure itself.

This is Marvel so i really dont see them sacrificing the fun for what i described above, but stranger things have happened.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 04:59 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Unless they get too preachy, yeah it could work.

By preachy i mean like what happened when Avery Brooks spun his character Hawk from 'Spenser for Hire'.
He went from kick ass hired muscle with a code to a black power rhetoric spouter. It was pretty boring.

I'm not planning on watching ANY Black Panther movies, but wanted to weigh in on the movie structure itself.

This is Marvel so i really dont see them sacrificing the fun for what i described above, but stranger things have happened.
Shut up, you racist.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 05:23 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I want black panther to be recast as an Asian guy. Steven Yeun comes to mind.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 05:31 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Mindset
Shut up, you racist.

Oh no i've been called a racist by someone on the internet! eek!

As i've said what i wanted here, i wont spam the thread any further.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 05:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

K

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 05:52 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
K
thumb up

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 05:53 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Iron Man, GOTG, and Avengers are still better than Winter Soldier/Civil War, but that's a personal perference. But yeah, make ten Black Panther movies.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 07:43 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd personally like to see one that showed Cap in WW2 working with the previous Panther, but I dunno if you could get a whole trilogy out of Panther without including the other Avengers.

I am looking forward to his solo movie though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 11:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd be up for seeing another Cap WW2 movie, Throw in the Invader's while they're at it.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 12:11 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

With them finally having the Namor rights sorted, I wouldn't mind seeing them at all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 12:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Can't see why Universal can't just hand the rights to Namor back, Not like they're currently using him.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 01:04 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I read that it had all been sorted actually, but with how much back and forth there's been, I wouldn't be surprised if it's murky atm.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 08:31 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

ben affleck will not direct this

laughing laughing laughing

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 11:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

5/7 it could work

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 12:01 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It depends on how the first one goes, IMO.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 06:03 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by riv6672

Wow, I thought I was the only person who still remembers Spenser for Hire and Hawk. BTW, the books are absolutely excellent - Robert B. Parker wrote dozens and I've read all of them more than once. Lots of action and humour.

As for Black Panther - if they manage to get even close to the standard and quality of writing and directing of the 2010 animated series then I will be happy.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 06:45 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote