KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Shared TV Universes

Shared TV Universes
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Shared TV Universes

Looking to hear any you know of, your favorites, any trivia etc.

This last Friday on MACGYVER, an off hand comment was made that referenced HAWAII 5-0.
A search revealed the shows crossover this March. That means

JAG
NCIS
NCIS LA
NCIS NEW ORLEANS
SCORPION
HAWAII 5-0
MACGYVER

all take place in the same Universe. Prettty cool. It might be the largest example i know of.

You guys know of any bigger ones? Also i could have sworn Elizabeth Taylor once appeared on 4 NBC shows (looking for a lost diamond) in one night linking them together but cant find anything on it.
I wonder if i imagined it.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 11:57 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

EDIT:
Someone gave me the St Elsewhere snowglobe kid universe, which supposedly includes all shows; thats about the opposite of what i'm looking for.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 12:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The last episode of a podcast I regularly listen to, The Weekly Planet, was about this kind of thing. They had a couple of interesting ones on there.

One that isn't necessarily big, but linked, is Bones and Sleepy Hollow. I think Bones also had a crossover with Rosewood, but I am not sure. I don't really follow either of those shows.

Edit: Also, a rather obvious one is the television DC-verse of Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Constantine and the animated Vixen show.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 11th, 2017 at 12:53 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 12:44 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Man i love me some DC shared universe!

I knew about BONES/SLEEPY HOLLOW (strange ass crossover!) but stopped watching Rosewood, so not sure on that one.

My Elizabeth Taylor search yielded a sort of result.
It reminded me George Clooney & Noah Wlyle guested on FRIENDS for an ep.
That puts

FRIENDS
ER
MAD ABOUT YOU
SEINFELD

all together.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 01:47 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Doctor Who
Torchwood (when it was on)
Class

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 02:01 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The King of Queens and Everyody Loves Raymond crossed over with each other. I think there was also a couple other shows that crossed over with them also.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 02:03 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The DCTV is pretty big also.

Can we count Supergirl? If so that'd be 5.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 02:04 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Yeah VaultDweller already hit up the awesome DCtv!

KING OF QUEENS actually spun off from RAYMOND. Nice catch...thumb up

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 02:09 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Family Matters and Full House crossed over iirc.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 02:23 PM
riv6672

^^^Thats right!

I recalled something when i read your post, that Hariette Winslow was on PERFECT STRANGERS, and i checked:
FAMILY MATTERS
FULL HOUSE
STEP BY STEP
PERFECT STRANGERS
BOY MERTS WORLD

all link up in some way. I didnt know that, so you blew mah mind, yo!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 02:30 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Fox News & Cnn takes place in the same universe

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 10:40 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Scooby Doo and pals are in the same universe as the super fiends

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 10:47 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah i guess they are!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 11:41 PM
Dr Will Hatch

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul

Not TV, but the Tarantino universe is pretty big(Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Death Proof, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight all take place in the same world).

Technically, the Stephen King universe comprises every fictional universe there is, since it's all connected to The Dark Tower.

All the seasons of American Horror Story are connected to one another.

The old Adam West Batman and the Green Hornet TV show were connected.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:04 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Oh, and Indiana Jones apparently exists inside the MCU, according to that one line in Captain America: The First Avenger. This means that Star Wars, ET, and probably American Graffiti happened in the MCU as well.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:12 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

The ending to Cabin In The Woods I think is the cause of the events to This Is The End.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:17 AM
riv6672

^^^oh thats cool!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Oh, and Indiana Jones apparently exists inside the MCU, according to that one line in Captain America: The First Avenger. This means that Star Wars, ET, and probably American Graffiti happened in the MCU as well.

What line?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 06:32 AM
riv6672

Got this from another poster:

The Bundys (Married With Children) may live in the same neighborhood as The Griswolds from National Lampoon; their car appears in the opening credits.

Al wrestled one of the wrestler's from GLOW apparently.

Bud got detention in Parker Lewis's high school and he doesn't even go to that school.

The "To Serve Man" cookbook from the twilight zone exists in it.

Kelly found Waldo.

Father Guido showed up.

Apparently Bud appears in Sharknado 4.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 06:36 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^oh thats cool!

What line?

The Red Skull dismisses Adolf Hitler as "digging for trinkets in the desert", a nod to the Nazis' search for the Ark of the Covenant at Tanis.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 07:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

AH! eek!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 01:15 PM