KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bright (2017) Netflix original

Bright (2017) Netflix original
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Bright (2017) Netflix original

Set in a world where mystical creatures live side by side with humans. A human cop is forced to work with an Orc to find a weapon everyone is prepared to kill for.

Directed by David Ayer and written by Ayer and Max Landis. The film stars Will Smith, Joel Edgerton, Noomi Rapace, and Lucy Fry

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5519340/

(please log in to view the image)

Premise reminds me a little of Alien Nation (1988) which I loved back when it came out and it's aged rather well as it's still a decent SciFi buddy-cop film. So will definitely watch this when Netflix releases later this year.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 06:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm genuinely excited for this

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 06:55 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Been there. Seen it. Full of Meh.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
I'm genuinely excited for this

Yeah, same. Smith isn't a favorite of mine, though I do often enjoy his films regardless. Ayer is a good director/writer, despite a few misses, imo.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Saw this trailer during the Oscars and it looked cool. And I didn't even realize Noomi Rapace was in it... hell yeah.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:20 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sounds fun.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:45 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

prolly will pass unless convinced otherwise

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 10:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
prolly will pass unless convinced otherwise

I'll convince the shit out of you, Bruceo!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 10:56 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reminds me of Alien Nation.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 11:43 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds interesting, but I like netflix so I hope what they are doing doesn't backfire. I only say it because they are shelling out big money for big names in their films. I heard they are paying $100 million for a Martin Scorcese film called "The Irishman". Though I'll admit I'm much more confident on that film finding success.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 03:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

More fantasy is a good thing.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 04:25 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Just watched the teaser again and it looks like it could be really cool. I did recognize Noomi this time.

And hopefully Ayer will have better control over there on Netflix and this won't suck like Suicide Squad.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 02:22 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

This shows how big Netflix is getting.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 07:33 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The future is online. It's just annoying to go out to the theater these days. Over priced food, you can't pause it if you have to get up to go to the bathroom, etc.

Why do you think some theaters are selling booze now? Anything to keep up.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 08:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur

And fancier seats. All the theaters in my city have upgraded to big, spacious, recliners with assigned seating, which is actually kind of annoying if you want to meet a friend and not have the seats sell out.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 08:33 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by Surtur
The future is online. It's just annoying to go out to the theater these days. Over priced food, you can't pause it if you have to get up to go to the bathroom, etc.

Which has studios worrying.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 10:03 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Was recently reminded of this. Not sure what the fuck, but I'm intrigued...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 01:31 AM
John Murdoch

When does this release on everyone's favorite streaming service?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 07:08 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Poster had a Dec 22nd date, so unless it's been changed, that.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 09:24 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Tomorrow.

If I get a chance I might check this out pretty soon.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 06:37 PM