KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Gladiator Sequel?

Gladiator Sequel?
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Gladiator Sequel?

Ridley Scott says he wants to make a sequel to Gladiator...?

http://theplaylist.net/ridley-scott...iator-20170313/

...the f#ck, Nick Cave's idea sounds stupid as f#$k.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 03:25 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Was Ridley involved with the First Glads Movie?

(yes...to lazy to google)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 07:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Ya that premise totally takes a dump on the legacy of Gladiator.

Ummm...how about Hollywood doesn't bastardize another modern classic and do an original movie?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 07:39 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I thought Ridley Scott's Robin Hood was sort of an attempt to make a Gladiator sequel, heh.

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Ummm...how about Hollywood doesn't bastardize another modern classic and do an original movie?

Yeah, why not just make another film set in ancient Rome? I hope to god they don't actually try to resurrect Maximus.

Originally posted by Flyattractor

Smh

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 07:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Love Gladiator, I watched it twice at the theater opening weekend and it's aged well, can turn it on in the middle and still enjoy it to this day.

Having said that, bringing back Maximus is ridiculous, it's a standalone film, let it be, but turning the character into some fantasy/mythical sort is beyond retarded. Cave should be kicked in the nuts until he's unconscious for even mouthing such a shitty idea.

The suggested end sounds like a mild rip-off of the opening scene of X-Men Origins: Wolverine with a Cartaphilus/Wandering Jew-esque twist. All in all, I'm disgusted 10/10 for this film idea.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 08:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Why not ?? Let it happen.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 09:02 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Smh

Just don't bother with him, You'll get a headache or something else.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 10:23 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by quanchi112

C'mon Quan. KMC needs to unite against this. That way, if and when it happens, we can all remember fondly how stupid we said it was.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 10:31 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Robtard
Love Gladiator, I watched it twice at the theater opening weekend and it's aged well, can turn it on in the middle and still enjoy it to this day.

Having said that, bringing back Maximus is ridiculous, it's a standalone film, let it be, but turning the character into some fantasy/mythical sort is beyond retarded. Cave should be kicked in the nuts until he's unconscious for even mouthing such a shitty idea.

The suggested end sounds like a mild rip-off of the opening scene of X-Men Origins: Wolverine with a Cartaphilus/Wandering Jew-esque twist. All in all, I'm disgusted 10/10 for this film idea.

Yep, Gladiator doesn't need to go into a god of war/gods of Egypt/dante's inferno type of setting. He got his revenge and changed the empire, let it be done.

It befuddles me how this is even in consideration. There could be no better example of a critically-acclaimed, commercially-successful, audience-loved movie with a such a tragic main character that ends up dying in the end as Maximus. That's it. End-o-story.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 10:34 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Gladiator Sequel?

Ridley's been saying that for years or other people have, Sequel idea's.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 10:36 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Flyattractor

Yes he did

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 11:25 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I think the article is fake in the sense that it's not current.
I heard about Cave's script over 15 years ago.

There was never any mention of Christ.
Maximus finds himself in Hades & battles the demon hordes to escape.
He becomes the God Of War on Earth doomed to fight in every major war is throughout history.
The movie/script ends with Maximus at the helm of a huge "star destroyer" in space surrounded by thousands of enemy ships.

I like Cave's scripts & music & thought his collaboration with Scott was crazy enough to work.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 11:32 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

there is no need for a sequel

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 02:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Yep, Gladiator doesn't need to go into a god of war/gods of Egypt/dante's inferno type of setting. He got his revenge and changed the empire, let it be done.

It befuddles me how this is even in consideration. There could be no better example of a critically-acclaimed, commercially-successful, audience-loved movie with a such a tragic main character that ends up dying in the end as Maximus. That's it. End-o-story.
I doubt it'll happen but I'm usually in favor of the more fantastical of films. Bring it on.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 04:39 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by steverules_2
Yes he did

Thank you for the Kind Response to a Civil Question.
I thought Ridley Scott's Robin Hood was sort of an attempt to make a Gladiator sequel, heh.

Yeah, why not just make another film set in ancient Rome? I hope to god they don't actually try to resurrect Maximus.

Smh

I am not familiar with that person...thanks for the response...even it it was unhelpful..
Originally posted by Kazenji
Just don't bother with him, You'll get a headache or something else.

You like the pain...just admit it.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 06:03 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Please no.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:15 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112

Because the proposed idea sounds like a pile of shit. Rather have the very talented director do something that is not a pile of shit.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 11:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Let's hope he forgets about this idea and doubles down and continues his Alien franchise ASAP while he's still alive.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 12:20 PM
queeq
Chaos

Let's hope he makes Covenant really good. An not just a rehash of his 1979 hit movie.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 09:15 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by queeq
Let's hope he makes Covenant really good. An not just a rehash of his 1979 hit movie.

I hate to break it to you, but I fear you will undoubtedly find it to be very reminiscent of the original Alien because think about what Alien was: it was a B-movie horror flick set in space with amazing production design, with A+ production design. It was a B-movie premise treated like an A production and it also included some clever writing that elevated it a little bit also. That's what Ridley Scott does, he makes spectacular productions and he likes to mix in some loftier ideas where he can. And it looks as if Covenant won't have a much different premise. It's still a pretty B-movie premise that might try to sneak in some loftier ideas that aren't usually in most B-movies. Prometheus had those loftier ideas and many people still bitched about it. Prometheus was sort of an attempt to take the B-movie out of the B-movie premise, sort of give it a bit more of an intellectual spin, still keep that amazing production design and some thrills, but also have more underlying ideas. And everyone bitched. So he's probably going back a bit more to the violent horror roots of the series, at least with the ads. But if what we hear is correct it's supposed to be a good mixture of violent horror and some grand scale.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 12:53 PM