KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » GOTG, Vol 3

GOTG, Vol 3
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

GOTG, Vol 3

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 09:21 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

thirsty af.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 09:24 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I like that he's weary of making the 3rd bad movie syndrome in a lot of these franchises.

If he's thought carefully about that but still wants to do it, then I trust him to do this.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 10:19 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Let's make sure Vol 2 isn't bad first.

Who knows, maybe it won't work as well the 2nd go 'round, let alone the 3rd.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 10:32 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Who are you kidding? lol. Guardians Vol. 2 is going to kick ass wink

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Apr 17th, 2017 11:02 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lets hope the 3rd movie ends up being good & its more....Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Goldfinger & Toy Story 3 and less of the other 3rd movie's that failed.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 12:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Am all for GOTGV3 as long as they put OG Death's Head in the film.

If not....Meh.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 01:15 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
“Much of what’s happened in the MCU for the past ten or so years has been leading, in a big way, to the Avengers’ Infinity War. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will happen after all that.

This is interesting; puts a different emphasis on the movie (for me).
I adore how far ahead Marvel has thought, it shows so much commitment and confidence.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 09:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672
This is interesting; puts a different emphasis on the movie (for me).
I adore how far ahead Marvel has thought, it shows so much commitment and confidence.

Unlike another movie studio which keeps having problems.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 09:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'm not looking to start a DC bash (i'm not as critical of the movies as most, aside from Superman's way too dark portrayal), but its obvious they arent playing the long game, and as a result their product isnt going to feel as...textured(?) as Marvel's.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 09:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Who are you kidding? lol. Guardians Vol. 2 is going to kick ass wink

I hope so. thumb up

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 12:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 06:47 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

My thoughts as well. Though I expect GotG 2 will at the very least be enjoyable.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 07:24 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by carthage
http://www.cbr.com/marvel-studios-r-rated-film/

lol

Well alot of the character's they've done so far on the big screen through Marvel Studio's, Don't need to be R rated just because Marvel has had success over at Fox.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 19th, 2017 at 01:24 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2017 01:19 AM
riv6672

Yeah, who cares?
I don't use an R rating as a measure of how good a movie is:

quote:
movie marqueeUnlike a lot of adolescent rites of passage — getting a drivers license, gambling and taking that first sweet sip of brew at midnight on your 21st birthday — seeing an R-rated movie in the theater, sans parents, isn’t determined by law.

Though depending on the theater and the vigilance of the ticket sellers, it can sure feel like it, especially if you are 16.

In the United States, the rating of movies is a voluntary system managed by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO). Every member of the MPAA, which comprises executives from the six major studios — Disney, Paramount, Sony, 20th Century Fox, Universal and Warner Bros. — has agreed to submit their movies for review. And every member of NATO, which includes the vast majority of independent and chain theaters, has agreed to enforce it, albeit with varying results.

The MPAA says that the ratings system was designed to inform parents about movie content that they may not want their kids to see. But protecting innocent minds wasn’t at the front of Jack Valenti’s mind when he created the ratings system back in 1966. At the time, Valenti, who was president of the MPAA for 38 years, was concerned with warding off “the odious smell of censorship …. and the possible intrusion of government into the movie arena.”

He realized, and rightly so, that if the movie industry policed itself, the government would stay out of the movies.

So who actually rates the movies?

Parents. Eight per movie.

Their only qualification is having children between the ages of 5 and 17; they receive no training in film or psychology. When a film is submitted, eight parents are selected to watch a movie and give their opinions on whether it should receive a G, PG, PG-13, R or NC-17 rating. They also list the factors, such as nudity, language and violence, which informed their decisions. After the ballots are compared, a rating is determined.

The MPAA keeps the parent reviewers anonymous to protect them from the machinations of studio executives and filmmakers. But critics say there is a lack of accountability and transparency in the system, which has drawn criticism from both liberals and conservatives, but especially from the filmmakers whose work is at the mercy of eight anonymous parents.

Furthermore, the ratings standards seem so flexible as to be arbitrary: Experts have pointed out that inspirational family dramas such as Billy Elliot and Erin Brockovich have received the same R rating as gratuitously violent movies, such as Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill.

While the MPAA will not release the criteria its parent reviewers use to rate movies, we can infer a few things based on precedent.

Movies need contain only one of the following to be rated R.

1. The f-word as a verb
If the word is used only as an expletive and three times or fewer, it will likely be granted a PG-13 rating. But even one use of the f-word as a verb, even as a participle, guarantees an R.

2. Tobacco use
In 2007, the MPAA announced that parent reviewers would factor tobacco use when rating movies. Universal Studios went a step further and banned tobacco products in movies rated G, PG and PG-13.

needles from a drug exchange3. Hard drugs
Regardless of the rest of a movie’s content, any depiction of illegal drugs will earn a film at least a PG-13 rating; but a graphic depiction of hard drug use will typically be slapped with an R. No less than Roger Ebert has called this particular criterion “a wild overreaction.”

4. Nudity
This is a tricky one: Shirtless men are allowed in G-rated films, while topless women usually earn at least a PG-13; but naked men nearly always garner an R-rating (see: Sideways), while fully naked women are routinely seen in PG-13 movies (see: Titanic, rated PG-13). And you can forget about sex. Even non-graphic depictions of love-making will render an otherwise tame movie unacceptable for 16-year-olds (see: Never Let Me Go).

5. Extreme and graphic violence
A movie has to be approaching the sadistic to get an R-rating. Think torture. The Dark Knight and the three Lord of the Rings films are all very violent and rated PG-13. The uber-gory Saving Private Ryan, not to mention Passion of the Christ, “one of the most violent movies ever made” are both rated R, despite the fact that many people well over 17 found the imagery disturbing to say the least.

Seeing a Marvel character say **** while they smoke a cigarette in the nude, because their costume's at the dry cleaners trying to get the blood stains out is not huge priority for me.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2017 09:53 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, who cares?
I don't use an R rating as a measure of how good a movie is:

Seeing a Marvel character say **** while they smoke a cigarette in the nude, because their costume's at the dry cleaners trying to get the blood stains out is not huge priority for me.

That'll be something Wolverine would do, Not Captain America nor Iron Man or even any of the others.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2017 10:23 AM
riv6672

You are correct.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2017 10:35 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just reading the article what Gunn is saying about it, It will be an conclusion to the current iteration

so maybe we might see new line up.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 02:19 AM
riv6672

That'd be smart.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 02:49 AM