KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dumbest comic book character costume

Dumbest comic book character costume
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Dumbest comic book character costume

It's ridiculing time, people. Which live action adaptations of comic book characters have had the worst looking costumes?

For my first nomination, I would like to bring up infamous nipple costumes from Batman and Robin.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 06:32 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nolan Batman.
The mask made him look like he had the mumps, and his cape, a shower curtain held on by 2 refrigerator magnets.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 11:00 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Nolan Batman.
The mask made him look like he had the mumps, and his cape, a shower curtain held on by 2 refrigerator magnets.

What about Keaton, who couldn't even turn his head? laughing

Come to think of it, most live action Batman suits look crap.

Also, seeing as I didn't specify just movies, I would also like to nominate CW Martian Manhunter. IMO, he looks f****** ridiculous.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 04:17 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Rhino - Amzing spiderman 2
Silver Samurai - Wolverine 2
Joker - Suicide Squad

Old Post May 19th, 2017 05:54 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Come to think of it, most live action Batman suits look crap.

Also, seeing as I didn't specify just movies, I would also like to nominate CW Martian Manhunter. IMO, he looks f****** ridiculous.

In the first Batman, Keaton at least looked imposing imo.

By DKR, I honestly felt like Bale's suit looked more like a high-end Halloween costume.

Yeah though, J'onn looks crap.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 19th, 2017 06:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Steel

Old Post May 19th, 2017 06:43 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by KingD19
Steel

The 90s version? Because that one was awful.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:08 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Danny Rand's tattoo didn't work well live action.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:12 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Firestorm is awful.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:13 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Black leather Xmen costumes?

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:14 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lundgren Punisher
Berry Catwoman

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:14 PM
KingD19

The 90s version? Because that one was awful.

Yeah. Shaq's huge ass in clunky armor and a weird helmet.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:26 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by -Pr-

By DKR, I honestly felt like Bale's suit looked more like a high-end Halloween costume.

Yeah though, J'onn looks crap.

Imposing to a point, but it was mixed with the silliness of having to always turn his body since he couldn't turn his head... Perfect Bat costume for the time, but it's aged imo.

Regarding Bale's, I will admit it didn't stick with me as a top preferred design like I thought it would long run. When rewatching a bit of TDK by a certain point (might've been before Rises even came out, don't remember now), I just further noticed how the front shape of the cowl just looks off and kinda dumb. The rest of the suit I still like what with the details on the chest and stuff, but eh... After Batman Begins, the lack of gadgets he used didn't really complement the suit much, y'know?

What's wrong with J'onn in Supergirl again? I've seen the complaints about how he's treated in the show like combat-wise, but Martian Manhunter has always been a jobber, even in Justice League. One of the more high-end powerful heroes, but a jobber nonetheless since he's usually never had that main character status.

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
The Black leather Xmen costumes?

This, definitely. Even worse was how the first film took shots at the source material with the "Well what would you prefer? A yellow spandex?" line, implying their generic black leather was better. I should've known even back then as a kid to say **** you Fox. At least they've gotten kinda better with costumes in recent times though, like with Psylocke and such imo.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That recent cast pic of the new Inhumans TV show has some good CRINGE Costumes....Especially for Medusa.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 07:55 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Firestorm is awful.

Do you mean the special effects for Firestorm? As that can be blamed on CW/DC having to spread it's FX budget around pretty liberally between 3 separate, FX heavy shows in Arrow, Flash, and Legends.

But if you mean the costume itself, then I'm gonna have to disagree. It's a pretty good modern interpretation of the Firestorm look. Thankfully they actually took out more of the classic comic parts because it would just look goofy on tv. Like the flared shoulders and that headpiece.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 08:03 PM
tkitna

The Atom

Its Iron Man Jr. for cripes sake.

By Stoic

Old Post May 19th, 2017 08:18 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Atom suit is god awful yeah. The only similarities to the original is the color scheme and that he can shrink. The rest is just a copy/paste power armor.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 08:19 PM
riv6672

-Pr- said it for me.

Originally posted by -Pr-

Old Post May 19th, 2017 09:22 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Aquaman

Old Post May 20th, 2017 12:54 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

/thread

(please log in to view the image)

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 20th, 2017 01:32 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote