KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » -= Classic Films You've Never Seen =-

-= Classic Films You've Never Seen =-
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

-= Classic Films You've Never Seen =-

What classics have you never seen?

Someone got onto me for not having seen Top Gun. Just never seen it. Off the top of my head I've also never seen American Graffiti. I've meant to, just haven't gotten around to it.

I've seen many of Alfred Hitchcock's films, but not Rebecca. Let's see, quick Google search...

Top Gun
Rebecca
American Graffiti
Groundhog Day
Dazed and Confused
The Breakfast Club
(been meaning to)
Footloose (been meaning to)
A Christmas Story (don't want to)
Raging Bull (my parents turned it off shortly after starting it when I was younger, heh)
Dirty Dancing
Coming to America
Caddyshack

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 12:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

How did you like Top Gun?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 12:53 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
How did you like Top Gun?

Top Gun? Never seen it... perhaps you don't understand the point of this thread.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 12:58 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

My bad, i read you wrong.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 01:03 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Personally I feel most of those movies you've listed are more "iconic" to their era or genre rather than classics.

I'd say Christmas Story & Raging Bull could be considered classics.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 01:12 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, iconic, classic... whatever. Famous movies that made a mark or have stood the test of time somehow.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 01:27 PM
rudester
Tommy

Casa Blanca.. Humphrey bogard.. Actually travelled to casa blanca, the airport is exactly like the movie no joke. Anyways good movie about love lost

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 01:50 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Alot of the movies that are considered "classics" i have no interest in seeing, Especially when it comes to musicals.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 01:59 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Someone got onto me for not having seen Top Gun. Just never seen it. Off the top of my head I've also never seen American Graffiti. I've meant to, just haven't gotten around to it.

I've seen many of Alfred Hitchcock's films, but not Rebecca. Let's see, quick Google search...

Top Gun
Rebecca
American Graffiti
Groundhog Day
Dazed and Confused
The Breakfast Club
(been meaning to)
Raging Bull (my parents turned it off shortly after starting it when I was younger, heh)
Dirty Dancing
Coming to America
Caddyshack

Those, The America Pie movies, heck most sex comedies. Also The Empire Strikes Back

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 02:12 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Well, iconic, classic... whatever. Famous movies that made a mark or have stood the test of time somehow.

Well in the last 30 years...

I've never seen Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan or Forest Gump.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 02:27 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
The America Pie movies, heck most sex comedies.

Not sure those count as classic or even iconic.. heh

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Well in the last 30 years...

I've never seen Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan or Forest Gump.

Well Goddamn, sir.

Schindler's List is kind of a snoozefest, in my opinion. But you definitely should see the other two.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 02:44 PM
HulkIsHulk

Not sure those count as classic or even iconic.. heh

But like iconic movies pretty much everyone expects you to have seen them lol

Schindler's List is kind of a snoozefest, in my opinion. But you definitely should see the other two.

I too haven't seen Forrest Gump and Saving Private Ryan. That was intentional though, I read the synopsis and movies of that genre aren't my type.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 03:13 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I was forced to watch Schindler's List for a film-related course during my time at university. That movie was a chore to sit through.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 07:51 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I was forced to watch Schindler's List for a film-related course during my time at university. That movie was a chore to sit through.

That's bad luck, my friend.

My luck was better...

I took a history of television class in college and we watched Quiz Show...

And I got to watch Psycho for an English class in college, but had to write a stressfull paper on it. So that was the downside.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 11:18 PM
steverules_2

Godfather trilogy, never seen it and doubt I ever will, there's zero interest in it for me.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 11:31 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've tried to watch the Godfather movies, Just can't get into it.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 01:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That's bad luck, my friend.

My luck was better...

I took a history of television class in college and we watched Quiz Show...

And I got to watch Psycho for an English class in college, but had to write a stressfull paper on it. So that was the downside.

Funnily enough, the course I had to watch it for was History of Cinema. And then had to do an 80 odd page reading on why it was apparently the greatest movie ever, which included how Oprah Winfrey claimed simply watching the film made her a better person.

But yeah, you definitely got the better end of the stick... jerk.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 06:06 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mehedi067
Restricted

Account Restricted

MANY CLASSIC MOVIE I NEVER SEE.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 11:50 AM
mehedi067 is currently offline Click here to Send mehedi067 a Private Message Find more posts by mehedi067 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Funnily enough, the course I had to watch it for was History of Cinema. And then had to do an 80 odd page reading on why it was apparently the greatest movie ever, which included how Oprah Winfrey claimed simply watching the film made her a better person.

But yeah, you definitely got the better end of the stick... jerk.

Ugh, honestly I think The Pianist is a better WWII Nazis-killing-Jews movie. It will make you a better person, too.

And then of course there's Inglourious Basterds which is a Jews-killing-Nazis movie... haha laughing out loud

Originally posted by steverules_2
Godfather trilogy, never seen it and doubt I ever will, there's zero interest in it for me.
Originally posted by Kazenji
I've tried to watch the Godfather movies, Just can't get into it.

It's been so long since I've seen any of them, but I do remember the first one being truly great. But you have to watch it with subtitles to really follow it. They're definitely films worth seeing, and I've been meaning to watch them again actually, show them to my wife, but probably won't get around to it anytime soon.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 12:39 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: -= Classic Films You've Never Seen =-

Top Gun
Rebecca
American Graffiti
Groundhog Day
Dazed and Confused
The Breakfast Club
(been meaning to)
Dirty Dancing
Coming to America
Caddyshack
Man you just skipped 80's day at the gym, huh?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 05:50 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote