KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 06:14 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Enjoyed the original and this looks like it'll be a fun family film, so will check it out. Kevin Hart is shit and hopefully won't bring the film down with his same-humor-in-everything tomfoolery

Do wonder if they're working on another Zathura with his new 'in game' format.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 06:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Disappointing trailer, tbh. I mean, I'm sure the cast will all do their jobs well, and the Rock seems to regularly play the "doesn't act like he looks" kind of character, but...

The original Jumanji had a kind of horror vibe to it at times. It wasn't just a normal jungle, it was a living nightmare. Alan in the original was a broken man due to what had happened to him there, but this just looks like a somewhat generic jungle, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 06:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's not a direct remake, it's more of a modern re-envisioning with it being a video game and players emerging themselves (literally here) into the game.

But sure, I can see where this is definitely more of a generic tongue-in-cheek family flick while the original did have that 'scary' aspect, from the Great White Hunter trying to get Alan's head for a trophy, to the creepy giant blood sucking mosquitos.

edit: Was it just me, or did anyone else feel back then that the kid who played young Alan had a very punchable face?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 06:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks like it could be a decent action film. But they really shouldn’t have called it “Jumangi”. It’s going to be shit on just for that.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 06:49 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The fact that they are referencing a Guns & Roses song for the title of the film isn't a good sign to me.

I haven't even watched the trailer yet.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 07:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Looks like fun.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 07:22 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

making them video game characters is a good twist, but still... fck this.

the best part about Jumanji was the "game" coming into the real world. This takes all the stakes away.

I'd rather have a sequel that we never got.

shit, I'd take just another movie like Zathura.

Last edited by marwash22 on Jun 29th, 2017 at 07:42 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 07:39 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

goddamnit. one of the related videos to that trailer was a remake of 'Flatliners'.

sigh.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 07:44 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Looks like fun.

Agreed.
I found nothing to complain about, or even shit on.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 10:39 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like it could be good

i remember the movie getting some flack over, Karen Gillen's outfit..... erm

she's no different to the character of Lara Croft yet a game character gets a free pass.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 06:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You remember? Its only been a day!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 10:37 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672
You remember? Its only been a day!

erm

It didn't happen today

all the nonsense was from last year.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 10:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I seriously cannot stand Kevin Hart or Jack Black.

They're neither comedians nor actors to me.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 10:59 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The fact that they are referencing a Guns & Roses song for the title of the film isn't a good sign to me.

Remember The Rundown with Dwayne Jonson & Sean William Scott?

That was retitled, Welcome To The Jungle & possibly had the same theme song as well.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 11:03 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That one was retitled as "Welcome To The Jungle" for Australia and few other places.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 12:25 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I seriously cannot stand Kevin Hart or Jack Black.

Kevin Hart can be funny given the right situation (Secret Life of Pets was a good role for him, for example), but he seems a little out of place here, yes. The whole movie is sort of an annoying gimmick, though. And sure enough, I watched the trailer and Guns & Roses is full on in the trailer. Good lord..

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Remember The Rundown with Dwayne Jonson & Sean William Scott?

That was retitled, Welcome To The Jungle & possibly had the same theme song as well.

I don't remember the marketing too well for that film and I don't even remember if the song was in the film.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 12:39 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
erm

It didn't happen today

all the nonsense was from last year.

Ah! Agree on it being nonsense.
The point of the outfit is pretty clear.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 12:52 PM
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Looks like fun.

Agreed. Planning on seeing it. Laughed during the trailer a lot.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 07:30 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Think it looks fun

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 08:34 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote