KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rian Johnson will direct entirely new Star Wars trilogy

Rian Johnson will direct entirely new Star Wars trilogy
Started by: The Lost

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gehenna
Sorgo

Rian Johnson will direct entirely new Star Wars trilogy

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-j...ar-wars-trilogy

I, for one, am excited for what may come. Thoughts?

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:01 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Lost
http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-j...ar-wars-trilogy

Fantastic news.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That’s AWESOME news.

Lucasfilm must really like his work on TLJ to give him his own Trilogy. Plus all new characters in a never explored part of the SWU? It’s about time!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Hoping old republic, Darth Bane, etc. so many awesome ideas to be able to flesh out on the big screen.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:06 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Probably not, because it says an unexplored part of the SWU.

I know the previous exposure isn’t Canon, but it’s been explored heavily and I can see Rian Johnson wanting to come up with his own characters and story plots.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:12 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not a surprise... been in love with star wars since 1977...

can;t wait for the next installments

of course i will be laughing soon

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

I'd like to see something in the future of the SWU. Not that I'd mind a return to the Old Republic, as much of my favorite stories, characters, and more are within that era but why not see what's beyond?

Regardless, Johnson has shown competency with science fiction so I only hope that there is greatness to come.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 11:19 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i just came eek!

shame he's not doing ep9, tho.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 11:27 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i just came eek!

shame he's not doing ep9, tho.

I’ll take a whole new trilogy by him over 1 more Episodic film by him I think (assuming I love TLJ that is)

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 11:30 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

This means TLJ must be great.

This is great news.

Maybe the Yuuzahn Vong done right?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 11:33 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Green lighting this prior to the Last Jedi coming out shows they have the utmost confidence in this man. Disney prints money at this point.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 11:35 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Re: Rian Johnson will direct entirely new Star Wars trilogy

Don't give a shite.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 11:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Re: Re: Rian Johnson will direct entirely new Star Wars trilogy

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Don't give a shite.

So why post? I never I understood this. If you're truly apathetic, why would you place enough care to say you... don't care? I asked for thoughts, implying those who "give a shite." lol

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 12:15 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hopefully The Last Jedi isn't crap, then.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 12:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Thank god they're ditching the bullshit trilogy they have going now after ep. 9, the new characters are awful.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 01:15 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

So why post? I never I understood this. If you're truly apathetic, why would you place enough care to say you... don't care? I asked for thoughts, implying those who "give a shite." lol
This guy hates Disney but can't get enough of Riddick. Truly an oddball.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 01:33 AM
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Thank god they're ditching the bullshit trilogy they have going now after ep. 9, the new characters are awful.

I haven't seen enough to make a judgment, personally. They are part of a trilogy and their development is unfinished.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 01:42 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
You don't care for Snoke and Kylo. What's wrong with you ?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 01:46 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

More Star Wars is always good news. I've only seen Looper, what other good things has this guy directed?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 01:56 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ozymandias. Perhaps the greatest hour of television of all time.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 02:00 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote