KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies You Went to See Just Because of a Trailer

Movies You Went to See Just Because of a Trailer
Started by: John Murdoch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
John Murdoch

Movies You Went to See Just Because of a Trailer

In the days before high-speed internet streaming of videos really caught on, trailers and teasers before (and in the olden days, after) movies on the big screen were the first time to see sneak peeks at films being released on down the line.

What movies had you wanting to see a trailer more than the feature presentation itself? Also, what movies did you walk out of realizing a trailer was more fun than the movie?

Example: Meet Joe Black having the Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace trailer beforehand (before the consensus was reached that Episode I isn't that good of a movie).

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 07:13 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

The one I want to see is Renegades. The movie was supposed to come out ages ago and has mysteriously disappeared. I loved the trailer so much and I've been waiting more than a year!

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:59 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
The one I want to see is Renegades. The movie was supposed to come out ages ago and has mysteriously disappeared. I loved the trailer so much and I've been waiting more than a year!

looking at that on IMDB

its been out in most places in Europe, Looks like UK and the rest of the world gets it next year.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Kazenji
looking at that on IMDB

its been out in most places in Europe, Looks like UK and the rest of the world gets it next year.

Excellent. Seems like I'm not the only one who wondered what happened to it.

"Navy SEAL movie 'Renegades' has disappeared from the radar"

http://mashable.com/2017/08/04/rene...d/#xvsVW3JijsqA

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:42 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

The Hitman's Bodyguard. Action comedies are my favorite so I figured this would be a no-brainer. I enjoyed the film.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 01:44 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's almost like people don't even read anymore.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:46 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

All of them. I judge every book by it's trailer.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 02:18 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jaden101
It's almost like people don't even read anymore.

Welcome to the internet.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 02:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
digiosmosis

The Mummy 2017 - I went as it starred Tom Cruise and Russel Crowe in the movie. I thought it would be a cool combination of Cruise and Crowe with just like Caprio and Crowe in 'The Body of Lies'.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:38 AM
digiosmosis is currently offline Click here to Send digiosmosis a Private Message Find more posts by digiosmosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Sucker Punch
Inception

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 10:06 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Suicide Squad I guess

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 10:16 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote