KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Worst film of the year (2017)

Worst film of the year (2017)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Worst film of the year (2017)

The time has come where we discuss the worst movie we've seen as 2017 comes to a close. What's the one film that you've seen this year that sucked so badly, that you wish it would just end. If it's more than one film which movies did you dislike, and which one would you say was the absolute worst of the lot.

I'll start things off and say the Mummy

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 05:26 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Of those I've seen this year, which haven't been as many as normal, I'll say that the weakest is probably Power Rangers and The Great Wall. I was not impressed in any way by either.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 05:55 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

That I've seen: The Great Wall

That I haven't seen, but I know would get the Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 crime against humanity award: Fifty Shades Darker

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 05:57 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

The Mummy and The Snowman were both pretty awful. I'm having a tough time deciding which one sucked more.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 06:03 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
Of those I've seen this year, which haven't been as many as normal, I'll say that the weakest is probably Power Rangers and The Great Wall. I was not impressed in any way by either.

Ya I've been lacking in my movie-going experiences as well, so when I do watch a flick (especially in theaters), it's usually a surefire homerun:

- GotG Vol. 2
- Dunkirk
- Thor: Ragnarok

Those are the only 3 movies I've seen in theaters this year I think.

However, those I watched on home media (Logan, Beauty and the Beast, Split, King Arthur, Ghost in the Shell, The Boss Baby, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man: Homecoming, War Machine) have all been anywhere from incredible genre-defining (Logan) all the way to pretty good/decent enough (The Boss Baby, BatB 2017).

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 06:04 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The Mummy and The Snowman were both pretty awful. I'm having a tough time deciding which one sucked more.

With the pedigree that The Snowman had, it's a shame that I've heard nothing but bad things.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 06:05 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

justice league..

great wall

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 09:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Mummy and Justice League.

thumb down

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 01:21 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Justice league
Happy death day

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 02:19 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

While I don't think JL is a Bad movie persay ( I gave it a 6/10), it is the worst movie I've seen this year. Granted I typically only watch movies that I assume are going to be good.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 02:43 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by John Murdoch
With the pedigree that The Snowman had, it's a shame that I've heard nothing but bad things.

Yeah, I was very disappointed too. I haven't read the novel that it's based on, but apparently it's pretty good. When Martin Scorsese was originally attached to direct, it has to be. But then again, they butchered The Dark Tower as well, so nothing is sacred.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 04:04 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Havent seen Snowman, but it was pretty obviously shitty, going by the trailers. Not one i ever plan on wasting 2 hours on.

Jigsaw (going by previoys installments) and Emoji Movie (going by the trailer) are two i'd peg as pretty bad.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 04:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I also give The Great Wall my vote. That movie was hugely disappointing, and I didn't even have high expectations.

Actually, scratch that. There was another film I watched that was an even bigger stinker. The latest Transformers film. What a giant pile of shit.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Dec 4th, 2017 at 06:06 AM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 06:03 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Mummy

spent too much time trying to set things up for the Dark universe and not focusing on making a good movie

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 06:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Underworld: Blood Wars
Power Rangees
Justice League

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 06:30 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^forgot about Underworld. Seen them all, since the spouse likes them.
Didnt like it, but, i barely liked the first and none since then.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 06:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Kazenji
The Mummy

spent too much time trying to set things up for the Dark universe and not focusing on making a good movie

Pretty much this. It might not have been the worst film of the year, since I actively try and avoid films I think are going to suck, but it was definitely the one I thought was the most disappointing. It had so much potential and it was mishandled to a near-criminal extent, from the casting and the directing to the writing and the overall view and tone.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 08:11 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

My brother watched the Mummy and by his recalling, the movie is abysmal.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 08:23 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Guillermo del toro was offered the reins of the Dark Universe and turned it down

http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-dark-universe/

would've done better with him being a fan of all things monster's

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 08:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^thats a guiding hand that i think could work wonders with the project.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:36 AM