KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tarantino possibility for Star Trek film

Tarantino possibility for Star Trek film
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Tarantino possibility for Star Trek film

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 01:45 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Picking up a lot of steam. Paramount was waiting for the promotion of Discovery to end to avoid confusing people.

The hardcore Trekkies will no doubt go ape shit over this.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 02:28 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is ****ing wonderful. I remember Tarantino discussed the possibility of doing a Trek film on a Nerdist podcast once

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 02:32 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Tarantino directing a Star Trek movie!??

Wow...interesting.

His movies are always character driven and features excellent dialog between the characters that typically culminates with a sequence that's significant to his story...

I would absolutely pay to see a Tarantino-Trek movie on the big screen...

smile

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 02:33 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I would absolutely pay to see a Tarantino-Trek movie on the big screen...

smile
As would I

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 02:37 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm down.. I love star trek

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:14 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Kirk and Spock dropping n-bombs on first contact aliens.

honestly, this sounds like a bad mix. i simply can't imagine Quentin being a good fit... and I'm a HUGE fan of his work.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:47 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by marwash22
Kirk and Spock dropping n-bombs on first contact aliens.

honestly, this sounds like a bad mix. i simply can't imagine Quentin being a good fit... and I'm a HUGE fan of his work.
That’s because you’re imagining that Tarantino can’t adapt. I think he’s a talented enough filmmaker to work within the style of Star Trek and the sci fi genre

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:48 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i don't want to see a non-Quentin Tarantino, Quentin Tarantino movie.

I don't want to see Wes Anderson adapt to anything when i watch a Wes Anderson movie, i want to watch Wes Anderson do his specific thing. Same applies to Quentin; he has a distinct style and what's the point of having Quentin Tarantino direct a movie if it's not his style... may as well just get literally ANYONE else if he's just going to "adapt".

I'm no Trekkie, but I know enough to know that Quentin's style and Star Trek do not mix.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:30 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I'm up for it. Some people can't think outside the box.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't want to see Wes Anderson adapt to anything when i watch a Wes Anderson movie, i want to watch Wes Anderson do his specific thing. Same applies to Quentin; he has a distinct style and what's the point of having Quentin Tarantino direct a movie if it's not his style... may as well just get literally ANYONE else if he's just going to "adapt".

I'm no Trekkie, but I know enough to know that Quentin's style and Star Trek do not mix.
Fair enough

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:38 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Will Tarantino make this R? Tarantino loves his violence.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:02 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Can't wait.

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:52 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I agree completely. I don't see this working out well.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:22 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Anything will be better than the last shitty Trek movie.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:59 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

thumb up

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:36 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Anything will be better than the last shitty Trek movie.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:51 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is true and false. His style 100% does not mix with Trek, the actual Trek. The tv shows. His style does fit in more with this Nu Trek stuff. Which is essentially Star Wars, but with Star Trek characters.

He'd have no place directing an episode of TNG, for example.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
This is true and false. His style 100% does not mix with Trek, the actual Trek. The tv shows. His style does fit in more with this Nu Trek stuff. Which is essentially Star Wars, but with Star Trek characters.

He'd have no place directing an episode of TNG, for example.
This would be a Nu Trek film so I'm right. The old Trek shit never had an impressive following. NU Trek is what I loved not that old Trek.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:48 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Can't wait.

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

I can't see Tarantino doing a continuation of the Abrams reboot films because it would bring with it too much baggage. But if he does a complete re-imagining I would be highly interested in seeing his take. I've always wanted Tarantino to do some science fiction. I had always hoped it would be something original and not connected to an already established franchise, but I guess we'll take what we can get.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:50 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote