KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Call Me by Your Name

Has anyone seen this? I’m desperate to watch this movie, personally, and I’m curious what the consensus of it is on here.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:52 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Sounds like from the synopsis it's about gay dudes and only about that. Kind of like Moonlight, which sucked ass. So it'll probably win Best Picture. I'll be avoiding this at all costs.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/call_me_by_your_name

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:13 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I literally don’t even know where to begin with that post lmfao

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:57 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Well did you see Moonlight last year?

The movie sucked because literally the main focus was just that these guys were gay. There was no other plot really. It was a waste of time.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 02:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I didn’t. But the idea that CMbYN will be bad just because the main characters are gay is ridiculous. I mean, the plot of CMbYN is a romance between two men, so obviously there will be a focus on their homosexuality just by virtue of them both being gay themselves. But you can still have a subversive, unique, interesting and intelligently written movie even if the core of the plot is a romance between gay characters. From what I’ve heard, CMbYN is a brilliantly acted character-centric movie and so I don’t see why someone would dismiss it just based on extremely superficial similarities (from what you’ve mentioned, at least) to Moonlight.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 02:18 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
But the idea that CMbYN will be bad just because the main characters are gay is ridiculous.

Of course. But if that's the only plot point I'm not interested.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 02:28 PM