KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Passion of the Christ 2: Resurrection

The Passion of the Christ 2: Resurrection
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The Passion of the Christ 2: Resurrection

He's back and he's PISSED!

So this movie is “going to be the biggest film in history. It’s that good,” Caviezel told USA Today.

http://www.newsweek.com/mel-gibsons...ence-jim-796463

And this is an interesting article about the goofy "faith-based" film market that The Passion of the Christ sparked with nauseating propaganda films like God's Not Dead and The Case for Christ...

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/1/...m-caviezel-hell

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 12:59 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aaaawwwwwwwwww Yeeaaahhh

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 01:09 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought the first movie was horrible. I'm not expecting this to be any better.

Given the comments Mel Gibson made about Jews it is weird he is directing a movie with one of the most famous Jews lol.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 01:15 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

*yawn*

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 01:17 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I think Mel is an extraordinarily talented filmmaker, so for that alone I'm interested in whatever he does, but with that being said, it's a fucking shame he's picking this as his next project.

I was actually in Christian highschool when Passion of the Christ came out and was in the process of escaping the oppressive constraints of Christianity in my own personal development, but at the time I liked the film pretty well, at least from a filmmaking perspective. I was less interested in it upon subsequent viewings. It's hard to see it as anything more than Christian propaganda now.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:38 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Passion was awesome. Very visceral, cinematic, immersive. As a film, it did everything right. Accuracy may not have been there, but it would have been that violent.

Everything that spawned from Passion was garbage. It either missed the point of what made that movie good, or was a naked cash in.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 03:29 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 03:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I think Mel is an extraordinarily talented filmmaker, so for that alone I'm interested in whatever he does, but with that being said, it's a fucking shame he's picking this as his next project.

I was actually in Christian highschool when Passion of the Christ came out and was in the process of escaping the oppressive constraints of Christianity in my own personal development, but at the time I liked the film pretty well, at least from a filmmaking perspective. I was less interested in it upon subsequent viewings. It's hard to see it as anything more than Christian propaganda now.

Nothing wrong with Christianity in and of itself. It's the leaders that make or break a faith.

You find the same in every religion, only no one talks about those (Except Conservatives, but no one cares what they think.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 03:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Surtur
I thought the first movie was horrible. I'm not expecting this to be any better.

Given the comments Mel Gibson made about Jews it is weird he is directing a movie with one of the most famous Jews lol.

I would've thought Jesus was the most famous jew by default.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 03:39 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Surtur

Only if you believe the binary "with us or against us" rhetoric.

Shutting down conversation because "racism" does more harm then just trying to figure out why someone feels how they feel (And may even inflame bigotry, since you're basically telling someone to shut up and go sit in the corner.)

I don't think Mel hates "the jews" as a group at all. I think he's on about very specific jews, like Weinstein.. But you can't even talk about them, without being labled "racist".

..and I'm waxing political in the movie forum now. What has my life become?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 03:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
I would've thought Jesus was the most famous jew by default.

I dunno, Bernie Sanders is super popular these days.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 05:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Only if you believe the binary "with us or against us" rhetoric.

Shutting down conversation because "racism" does more harm then just trying to figure out why someone feels how they feel (And may even inflame bigotry, since you're basically telling someone to shut up and go sit in the corner.)

I don't think Mel hates "the jews" as a group at all. I think he's on about very specific jews, like Weinstein.. But you can't even talk about them, without being labled "racist".

..and I'm waxing political in the movie forum now. What has my life become?

I agree with all this, it just surprises me this is going down in today's climate without more of an uproar.

Remember: James Franco was accused, but I don't think anything has been substantiated. He's still bee cropped out of magazine covers and had things like a mural dedicated to him at his high school painted over. There is a Stalin-esque purge going on involving anyone who is even accused of wrong doing, and with Mel we have his stuff on tape.

Personally I think Mel doing that beaver movie was probably penance enough.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 05:13 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Nothing wrong with Christianity in and of itself. It's the leaders that make or break a faith.

Please, there is tons wrong with Christianity.

(please log in to view the image)

Not to mention mentally abusing children with stupid ideas like hell and brainwashing them into believing nonsense like creationism. Christianity is detached from reality. How is that not a flaw to an ideology?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 05:39 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by jaden101

Aaaawwwwwwwwww Yeeaaahhh

Okay, -that's- why the thread title rang a bell. laughing

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Please, there is tons wrong with Christianity.

(please log in to view the image)

Not to mention mentally abusing children with stupid ideas like hell and brainwashing them into believing nonsense like creationism. Christianity is detached from reality. How is that not a flaw to an ideology?

Cbristianity also fosters a sense of community, charity, hope, or something for old people to do besides sit at home.

Listen to Hitchens and you'll get a lot of the bad, but that's true of any community of organized humans.

And again, dirty laundry is hardly exclusive to Christianity.. You can pick apart Mormons, Islam, Judiasim, the Amish (Seriously, a friend loved to tear them up because so many consided them a "model religion" in terms of social meddling) or really any group if you've the mind and time to.

Last edited by cdtm on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 09:08 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 09:06 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Christianity also fosters a sense of community, charity, hope, or something for old people to do besides sit at home.

^ None of that says anything at all about the truth claims of the faith. It doesn't make Creationism true and it doesn't make it right to mentally scar innocent children with hell.

Cannibals and civilizations that practiced ritual sacrifice also fostered closeness and community. And it's also possible to do good in the world and not subscribe to the ridiculous nonsense of Christianity (imagine that). So saying Christianity fosters community, charity, hope, etc says nothing about its basis in truth or in reality.

Listen to Hitchens and you'll get a lot of the bad, but that's true of any community of organized humans.

And again, dirty laundry is hardly exclusive to Christianity.. You can pick apart Mormons, Islam, Judiasim, the Amish (Seriously, a friend loved to tear them up because so many consided them a "model religion" in terms of social meddling) or really any group if you've the mind and time to.

Yeah, Islam, Judaism, Mormonism, etc are idiotic, too. All are guilty of pretending to know things that no person could possible know which is one of the most dangerous philosophical mistakes. Again, that's not a good defense of the tenets of Christianity. And the fact that all of these conflicting theologies that are so certain of their exclusive truth regarding the universe is just further proof that they are all wrong and religion in general is dangerous and not needed.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 12:10 AM
Flyattractor

It is so fun to watch Patty Lee ride his " I hate the Christ Kids"
rant horse.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 12:14 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by jaden101

Aaaawwwwwwwwww Yeeaaahhh

Reminds of Gandhi 2, from UHF... laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 12:16 AM
Flyattractor

That is because Seth Macfarlane probably ripped the idea off from UHF...Cause Seth is a hack.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 12:17 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I can't wait for The Jesus & Boulder action figures.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 01:31 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, the merchandising for this is going to be EPIC.

Jesus will come with 'water' and 'wine' goblets. JUST SWITCH THEM OUT! (miracle!)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 11:19 AM