KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » MCU vs. Star Wars

MCU vs. Star Wars
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

MCU vs. Star Wars

The two current behemoths of cinema. Which do you prefer and why ?

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:27 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

MCU easily right now. If the second IW film can pull it off no doubt will the MCU be the greatest franchise ever.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:29 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

The new films. MCU easily. However Empire > All MCU movies in my opinion.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:32 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

MCU. It has become unstoppable.

Can't wait for IW part 2.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think both are serviceably terrible in their own way. I would say that I care more about MCU because the potential of adapting some awesome storylines from comics is there.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:33 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
The new films. MCU easily. However Empire > All MCU movies in my opinion.
Infinity War destroys ESB bust I never cared for it that much tbh. Last Jedi is my favorite Star Wars film.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

The only other franchise I can think of that has lasted a long time is the Bond series. But I hate Daniel Craig Bond with a passion erm

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:36 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Bond has always been shit to me. I just don’t get into spy movies and there hasn’t been one exception I can think of.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:37 PM
Arachnid1

MCU. I've never been much of a Star Wars fan (though Rogue One was phenomenal).

PWNT

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:42 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Inhuman
The only other franchise I can think of that has lasted a long time is the Bond series. But I hate Daniel Craig Bond with a passion erm

Godzilla is another one.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:43 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by quanchi112
Infinity War destroys ESB bust I never cared for it that much tbh. Last Jedi is my favorite Star Wars film.

Last Jedi was good as well. Possibly a nostalgia thing as ESB was the first movie I remember watching when I was young.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:49 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Both.. Nothing or no one will make me say otherwise... Been a fan of Star Wars since 1977 and been a fan of the MCU since Iron Man..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:50 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Inhuman
I agree. I still don't get wtf they were thinking casting him. He's had plenty of movies to grow on me, but I still think he's terrible. On the plus side though, Skyfall was the best JB movie of all time IMO

PWNT

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:55 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Marvel. By quite a bit honestly. Marvel has been doling out quality quite consistently and has build the marvel universe on screen. That is something I never thought I would see.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 08:38 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Star Wars.

The new films suck but the classics are just too good.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 08:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

MCU easily. I love Star Wars OT, but the prequels and the new films really, REALLY lowered my enjoyment of the franchise. Whereas the MCU is just pounding out great films over and over....

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 09:17 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

MCU.

SW is just overrated...

Bankai.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 09:28 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Lucas Star Wars > MCU >>> Disney Star Wars

MCU is entertaining as hell but has yet to pass the test of time Star Wars has done.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 09:39 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It’s been going strong for ten years. Star Wars has been around longer but the fab season has been bitching since the prequels and nothing seems to be good enough for them.

Infinity War is vastly superior to any Lucas Star Wars film. 19 films and still going strong. How many Star Wars films in over thirty years.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 09:56 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

19 films and many more coming soon.

Ant-Man and the Wasp coming July, this year.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 10:00 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote