KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dune (2021)

Dune (2021)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Dune (Denis Villeneuve)

Think he's been talking about this for a while, it's a passion project of his. It's a major win for sci-fi fans that such an amazing filmmaker wants to do it...

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018...l-be-two-films/

Old Post May 26th, 2018 03:26 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will wait until cast announcements are made

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 26th, 2018 03:48 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Really looking forward to this. Dune is a phenomenal book and Villeneuve is a great director so I'm expecting big things.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 05:40 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I hold Villeneuve in extremely high esteem. I saw Prisoners recently and it is one of the best movies ive ever seen, it is probably in my top 10 best films ever. Sicario is excellent, and same with Arrival. BR 2049 is great too, just too slow and emotionally distant for my taste, but that was obviously intended to match the original film.

I seriously think he's kind of a new Kubrick. He's that good.

So yeah, the fact that he wants to do a major sci fi book is awesome.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 10:57 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

hopefully this time it will survive to production

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 11:09 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Dune is one of the best books ever but it will be a big challenge to adapt it right.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 06:34 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Dune is one of the best books ever but it will be a big challenge to adapt it right.

This. Even David Lynch couldn't do it justice.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 26th, 2018 06:39 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The project is in excellent hands I’ll say as much. Looking forward to this

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:01 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I think he is doing two of the films at least and honestly Dune needs an R-rating.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:10 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Hope it does well. More sci, fantasy the better.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 01:43 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Dune needs an R-rating.

Why?

Old Post May 27th, 2018 02:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by ares834
Why?

Cause Boobs and Bloods put Butts in Buckets?

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:01 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The Bene Gesserit use sex as a tool for their goals and the warfare portrayed is brutal with a death toll well into the billions.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:23 AM
ares834

The Bene Gesserit use sex as a tool for their goals and the warfare portrayed is brutal with a death toll well into the billions.

All the sex scenes in Dune are pretty irrelevant, cutting them or cutting away during them wouldn't matter. As for the death toll, who cares? Plenty of films have just as big death tolls but aren't 'R'.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 04:36 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The budget will probably be too big for an R rating anyway.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 04:49 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

sexual imprinting isn't even relevant until heretics if dune.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 12:52 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Can't wait, Villeneuve is very talented; really enjoyed what eh did with Blade Runner most recently. Ideally it'd be three films.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 1st, 2018 12:20 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Dave Bautista confimed as Beast Rabban

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...es-dune-1174273

Old Post Jan 8th, 2019 01:51 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Aw hell yeah!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2019 02:13 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Dave Bautista confimed as Beast Rabban

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...es-dune-1174273

I don't remember what that character is. It's been so damn long since i read the book, but...

I hope it's not a character that gets killed in the first scene like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Blade Runner 2049. That movie was a drag after that opening sequence. It needed more Bautista.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2019 01:56 PM