KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Just watched Valhalla Rising, can't be sure if it's brilliant or shit? Thoughts...

Just watched Valhalla Rising, can't be sure if it's brilliant or shit? Thoughts...
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just watched Valhalla Rising, can't be sure if it's brilliant or shit? Thoughts...

Fantastic Cinematography, good acting, unusual score...

Still not sure if it was any good or if it was indeed brilliant!

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Jun 5th, 2018 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 09:10 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Still haven't seen it. Will probably get around to it one day.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 09:50 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I thought it was beautifully shot and very dark. The fact they could capture so much atmosphere with virtually no dialogue from the lead was interesting

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 10:40 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, I have mixed views, the cinematography is stunning, One-Eye is interesting, story draws you in some and I overall enjoyed it, but it also comes off as an art piece stuck up its own ass; WAY up there to the point it's seeing tonsils.

Which reminds me, it's one of the films I lost digitally during a very recent botched harddrive transfer, will have to download it again, it's something I want for my film library.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 5th, 2018 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 10:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I missed the end of it but I liked the starvation of it.
It shows the world the way it is all around the world rather than just one way.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 10:51 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Nicholas Winding Refn, right?

Drive is perhaps in my top-ten movies ever, really reignited the film buff in me. What I've seen of Bronson is solid.

However, as beautiful as they are, I've heard his films can do that: cinematography is the best in the world of cinema, but the substance is lacking or too far out there. Only God Forgives was my most anticipated film of 2013, and I just couldn't get into it.

Anyways, I'd like to see Valhalla Rising one day.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2018 01:27 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote